Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Out and About

So last Saturday we were B-U-S-Y (which may be the reason why I've been bedridden with a nasty bug).


Anywho, sometimes you do want to forget the fact that you are living in Japan (or abroad) and do things that are completely "Western." Sounds so weird to use that word.


Saturday kind of turned into one of those days for me. We woke up bright and early and got the housework out of the way and marched over to 7-11 (unshowered might I add, so I'm sure we were a sight). We there guarded the machine where you can buy tickets to different events for the next 20 minutes or so....The reason being that at exactly 11:00 tickets would go on sale for the opening game of the Mariners vs. the A's at Tokyo Dome...we don't particularly like these teams....but we do love baseball!! So...when the clock hit 11...we frantically started hitting buttons to get the tickets....we were so extremely lucky as we got two in the outfield!! When we paid for the tickets we decided to check what seats were left....nothing....we were smiling like idiots because it was like winning the lottery for us....haha.
















After that we sold yet another book at Book Off and went to our dentist appointment (where upon arrival we discovered that our dentist had moved to Australia and sold her practice....new dentist was terrible...a heads up would have been nice!)


Anyway after terrible dentist appointment, we decided to go to Ikebukuro....where we ate a glorious meal at Burger King. I totally don't expect those of you living in the U.S. to get how exciting this is....haha.


















Finally we headed over to Babies R Us.







We were so happy to see tons more foreign products here compared to Akachan Honopo (a Japanese store we visited). I think Ten had the most fun there playing with toys and pushing around strollers. He is already such an involved dad... :)


Anyway, so it was like a day out back home (minus the fact that I couldn't read or communicate...haha), and we had such a good time!


P.S. I do believe I have fallen in love with this stroller. It is indeed a Japanese brand....but so much nicer and lighter than anything else we have seen...not in this color though.

5 comments:

  1. Does that stroller have a click in car-seat? If so then we had one very similar and it was FANTASTIC. Being able to have a sleeping baby and not wake them to put them in the stroller - great :)

    Are those onion rings at burger king? nom nom. Love onion rings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...indeed these are onion rings...hahaha....As far as the stroller goes...I don't believe it does have a click in car seat...as we are car-less....I wonder if we need one...something to think about though. thanks!

      Delete
  2. WOW sounds like a great day. I do know how much you enjoyed burger king.. remember i had to have a pizza..hahha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burger King is a thrill for us in Japan, I hear ya. Certainly not as easy getting these things like how it used to be while living in the US. I totally "get that" 100%

    You're smart looking for a light stroller, especially living in Japan. And also a narrow-ish one is also good. My first stroller. Huge giganto US one. Like those 5 in one jobs. you know what I mean. But in my defense we lived in Honolulu when Branden was a babe until he was like a year old. So it was useful there. Not useful here. When I pushed him in the stroller here, I nearly wiped out an entire aisle at the grocery store! @_@ Seriously. Nobody could get passed if I had the monster sized stroller with me. Next time I went to the US, I went to Babies r us and I got a super narrow...not too narrow but narrow and super light. They don't even make that stroller anymore. And it was so great I used it with Noah. Light, narrow. very important for us in Japan.

    That's a good thing you found a Japanese one because they are made already to fit down the aisles of stores, with ease. So very smart of you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...