Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Lead Up to Christmas

I started this blog post on Christmas Eve, and I'm just now getting the time to sit down to finish it. We had a great Christmas and week or so leading up to Christmas. I got to watch my all time favorite Christmas movie (A Smoky Mountain Christmas), the presents were wrapped well in advance, and we decided to keep Christmas dinner simple. There really wasn't a whole lot to worry about leading up to the big day. Now, from the 25th on....things have been crazy...trying to reassemble the apartment and figure out how we will survive with the limited space that we have. As I tell Ten, we will make it work because we have to.

Anyway, here is what we have been doing leading up to Christmas.


Mia got a couple of new pairs of pajamas. She has refused to sleep in them in the past, but now she loves PJs. Here she is in her Christmas PJs, my shoes, and a butterfly wand. Outfit coordinated by her. 

Also, Mia hasn't really been interested in food recently unless we connect it to something that she loves. For example, she loves broccoli because it is a Totoro tree. So, I decided to try my hand at my first bento for her. This took me seriously like all of 5 minutes, so it obviously could have been a little bit better. However, I knew she wouldn't care if it wasn't perfect.
Mikan, grapes, steamed broccoli, popcorn chicken, and Anpanman made from nori, carrots, cheese, and ketchup.

In more Christmasy related news, on the 22nd we took Mia to see Yo Gabba Gabba! It was a holiday themed version, and we had a great time. I think Mia was slightly confused because Muno was there on stage...dancing...in person. The adults especially loved when Biz Markie came out and sang pieces from "Just a Friend." Biz Markie definitely looks pretty old in real life, but it was really fun. 


DJ Lance Rock and the Yo Gabba Gabba cast.
Christmas background while singing a lot of their typical songs from the show.
Mia and Ten dancing along to the songs.
Group picture...okay here Mia is definitely looking like she is having a good time. I'm glad we got the chance to take her.
Mia snacking on a sucker during intermission. I'm not going to lie....we brought in snacks and some juice boxes for Mia...and I'm glad we did because $12 for popcorn was a ridiculous amount of money to pay.

After the show, we went straight home and started to cook some spaghetti. It was only 7:00, but we were so tired. Yo Gabba Gabba was kind of like being in a crazy toddler rave where the DJ is constantly telling you to dance, wiggle, stop, etc....lots of work....haha

In other news, Ten came home one night after work with two little cakes for me and Mia. Very cute and thoughtful of him...even though I am trying super hard to watch my weight...sigh....never ending battle right there.

Me and Mia actually split one of these and the other she has been eating a little bit after lunch each day...and I mean a very little bit. We don't want her to have too many sweets.

Finally, Mia had been feeling a little bit under the weather a few days before Christmas, so we we had to cancel all play dates. We didn't want to get any other kids sick over the holidays...and we didn't want her to get any worse before Christmas. We were getting a little stir crazy, so one day we went out and got things to make a gingerbread house. Wow, it was a lot of work....and I'm surprised any candy actually remained on the house. Mia was eating the icing off of it faster than I was replacing it....haha. However, here are some of the photos of the event.

Getting ready to decorate.


Looking at the icing and deciding if she should taste test it.

After the taste testing...I'm guessing it was heavenly.

Looking proud of the house and mess that we made.

Finally, pictures of our house in all of its glory. I hope to have our Christmas Day pictures up sometime this week. I'm not going to worry about rushing to get all done before New Year's. 













1 comment:

  1. Yo Gabba Gabba looked like so much fun! And for what it's worth, we sneak in chocolates and candy to the movies all the time, the cost for a candy bar at the movies can cost $5, where it can be $1 at Walgreens. Saves money and that's just smarter. : ) I hear ya! : )

    Love the obento, looked exactly like Anpanman.

    First time we ever made a gingerbread house this year too. It was a lot harder than it looked, I'll tell ya. Hahaha. Definitely not easy peasy. : ) I think next year if we do one, we'll just make the 1 versus 4 mini ones. @.@

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...