Friday, September 13, 2013

Green Card Interview is Behind Us

This is what September looks like:


Sorry for the bad pic....but it's from my phone.


Yes, we are out of the apartment basically every day. We have weekly play dates, swimming classes, music classes, and gymnastics classes. Sprinkle in a few Japanese classes and kids parties (I think 3 or 4 this month)....and you can see that we are always on the go. I honestly don't mind though because it is much better to get out than sit at home all day.

Anyway, blogging has taken the back burner this month because we have also had some other really important things going on. We had our GREEN CARD INTERVIEW! I prepared for weeks getting all of the necessary papers together, memorizing answers to questions, and putting together photos for our album. On Tuesday we arrived at the federal office (ten minutes late....oops) and met a woman who talked like she had been locked in a room with dementors... I think the interview went fine, but the sad part was that she didn't ask for 90% of what I had been told to prepare!! Either way it is a huge weight off of our shoulders. Now, all we have to do is to get the card in the mail :)

In other news, we made a big announcement on Facebook. In case you aren't my facebook friend....

That is right. We are expecting Baby #2 at the beginning of April! I'm sure Mia hopes the baby will be born in March....because who wants to share a birthday party. I have had two appointments so far and everything looks good. Heartbeat is strong and baby is measuring right on schedule. The plan for this baby includes biweekly appointments starting at 16 weeks and weekly progesterone shots. If all goes well, then this will be the extent of it. If I start to show signs of going into early labor, then it will get more complicated. Also, let's hope we can work it out so a home health nurse can come to me instead of me having to go there for shots....because seriously....who has time for that.

In other news....the doctor's wanted to test me for all sorts of genetic diseases. What the F! I was never asked to do these things in Japan. I was getting told...well how about we test for this and that....I mean there is a 1 in 8,000 chance for some of these problems. I can see already that birth in NYC is much more clinical than what I am used to. I have already told the doctors no to several things....so I'm sure they are loving me.

3 comments:

  1. Good morning and congratulations!!! That's wonderful news! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations! That's great news. :D
    And 'ey, sharing a birthday isn't so bad. My little sis and I have the same exact birthday, 3 years apart. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you talk about a green card, you should really expect the unexpected during the granting process. You not only have to prepare the documents needed, but yourself as well. Going through the procedure can really be exhausting, but if you're truly determined to get your green card, you should exert nothing less than your 100% effort into it.

    Lawrence Gruner @ Law Offices of Lawrence Gruner, Inc.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...