Tuesday, July 24, 2012

We've Made It

We are finally getting settled in here, so I now have a chance to post about our last night in Tokyo and first days in NY. So, on Friday night we decided to stay at the ANA Intercontinental in Akasaka. It is very near Ten's (former) office, and they have a bus directly to the airport so it made sense. I will say I was not impressed with the rooms...at all...and the bathrooms were so tiny...kind of disappointing. However, this was the first place that I came to when I first visited Japan and the last place we were before we left...kind of poetic. 



Mia handled her new surroundings like a pro and had no problems sleeping in the crib...for whatever reason blogger keeps flipping this photo...so sorry.


My very good friend Kahori came over and we had dinner together. She also brought Mia a ton of Japanese music CDs for kids! That was so thoughtful of her since we were a bit worried about how she will learn Japanese now that we have moved...but Ten is speaking to her more and more in Japanese every day, so I'm confident it will be okay. Anyway, Kahori and Mia had a great time playing together and Mia was all smiles...she loved the attention. Also, one of my former students came to visit us at the hotel as well, so we had a nice time catching up with each other.


The next morning we headed to the airport and then hung out in the lounge until our flight left. Here is Mia playing on the couch in the lounge...oh she is such a chunker...


Since we have arrived in NY, things have been very busy. I finally finished unpacking all of our suitcases yesterday. We have also had to make several trips to Whole Foods (I'm in love) and other stores to buy the daily things that we need (laundry detergent, etc). Ten has been busy dealing with real estate agents and bankers, and we've also had to get some things fixed in our temporary apartment (shower drains, phone, etc). We are also dealing with a very jet lagged baby...so that has been no fun...though I'm thinking after today she should be okay. So, the only thing we have really gotten to do so far was visit Riverside Park...which I didn't get any pictures of...but definitely will next time. Anyway, I guess this is just an update to say that we have arrived and have been busy getting things settled...so hopefully I will have more interesting things to post about soon! 

With that, I will leave you with the views from our temporary apartment...they really are quite amazing!


View of the Hudson River

View of Central Park

View of the City

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys made it safely! What a wonderful view. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!
    Glad you are finally "settled in"! I hope they have a CD player there, unlike the hotel, lol!
    I shall look forward to hearing more of what you've all been doing!
    Miss ya all!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it home safely~~OMG I love Whole Foods too! Be careful, that store will suck your wallet dry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...