Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hidden Gem

The weather is slowly getting better here in Tokyo, and I do so hope that warmer days are coming soon. So, with all of this nice weather....it really makes me miss living in cities that have lots of greenery. Tokyo is mostly gray....sigh. However, Ten introduced me to this great park, and it is only like a 5 minute walk from our apartment.





Isn't it wonderful? It is clean, and they have tons of benches to hang out on....and the best part.....they have a huge area with picnic tables!!! Yes, my picnicking dream is getting one step closer to becoming a reality. We can have nice picnics outside...rather than the ghetto ones we have been having on our living room floor....hahaha. Someone once told me that picnics and picnic tables aren't really a Japanese thing...well my friends...I beg to differ.

On another note, really close to this park is a really great shrine and temple....Yes, indeed I think they have both almost across the street from each other. We loved all of these statues.








We loved spending a few hours walking around here and looking at everything. This is the perfect spot to escape our cramped apartment on nice days...and it is miraculously not that crowded...well at least the few times we have been here.

Anyway, I will leave you with this picture of us 2 months ago. If you try very hard, you may see Mt. Fuji in the background...hahaha. It was actually the first time I've seen it since living in Tokyo (going on 5 years)...Shame on me...yes, I know.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place for a picnic and to push your baby in her pram on a sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo! I discovered your blog via Lisa's blog. I'm another Tokyo-ite who's now thoroughly tired of this neverending gray winter. Cherry blossoms. I need cherry blossoms!

    Is that temple Meguro Fudōson? I didn't realize there were such a nice park nearby. (I live in eastern Tokyo, but I've been on your side several times.)

    I'm glad I discovered your blog. I'll pop in again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha...yes, I can't wait for the cherry blossoms too! And, yes that is the temple! There is a "sanpo" course, and it takes you to the park...less than five minutes I would say. I'm not too familiar with east Tokyo...well depending how far east...but I'm sure there are a lot of nice places over there!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...