Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hannibal Visit

As you may have noticed, I was M.I.A. for almost three weeks on this little blog of mine. Mainly for good reasons (but a little due to laziness...actually very little if I really think about it).

Anyway, last week I visited my hometown for a full five days (not including travel days)...and let me tell you...it was good to be back...but at the same time extremely hectic.

Here is a little breakdown of how things went:

Day 1: My sister and nephew picked me and Mia up from the airport....We stopped for some lunch on the way home and then hurried back onto the highway. As I saw the signs for Kingdom City approaching...I knew something wasn't quite right...hahaha. So, yeah....we took a 50 MILE detour to get to my mom's house. When we finally arrived, I was beyond exhausted! However, we had some good BBQ with my brother and his wife, my mom and her husband, my grandma, and my sister and nephew...no pictures of course because I was too tired.

Day 2: After an extremely hectic morning...which unfortunately...I can't blog about. I went and got my driver's license renewed. Easy. We then went to close my bank account. I walked into the bank and sat down to fill out the forms...the lady says ummm....I can't find your account...it wasn't my bank...yeah...thanks Sarah! Next, we went to the social security office, so I could request a new card. Everything was going smoothly until they asked me the dreaded question: Father's name? I calmly stated...There is no one listed on my birth certificate. After a few minutes, the man said I have one listed here. I gave him two names...and he said yes one of those match. He looked so confused, but he was even more confused when I had to then ask him which one was the correct name...hahaha. 

Day 3: This day was relatively calm...for the most part...I was able to visit my grandma all day and hang out with my cousin and her babies...such a fun time. 



Sorry Brooke...not the best picture





Day 4: Went from blonde to brunette...which turned my very white hair green...and full of streaks...yeah...not good.

Day 5: Went and had the color corrected and now it is an okay shade of mahogany...not thrilled but better than green. Then did lots of shopping, ate at my brother's house, and then packed to leave town at 3 a.m.

Now, here are some random pics:
Grandma, Mom, and Mia



Seth and Mia hanging out.

Sarah Jane and Mia

My brother, his wife, and my grandma at a Chinese restaurant.


Yeah, so I had a really nice time....but I didn't take enough pictures as usual...and there were too many things to get done there...as usual...hopefully, next time I can go to just visit and am not running around like the Headless Horseman. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...