Saturday, August 25, 2012

Randomness


  • After looking at what feels like a million houses and calculating commuting times, we have decided to once again be city-apartment dwellers.
  • Our new apartment will be on the Upper West Side and within walking distance to Central Park and Riverside Park, so I am looking forward to taking advantage of all of the outdoor play areas and activities.
  • My feelings about living in New York are completely mixed right now. 1. This place is stupidly expensive. 2. We have shootings here everyday...terrible about what happened at the Empire State Building! 3. People are really close minded. When I said that I had just come from living in Japan...two women actually said to me...how was that? (sarcastically)...and then went on to bash Japanese men and the Japanese for being excessively clean (no idea how cleanliness is a bad thing). However, there are a lot of good points: 1. I talk to people every single day and have had little babies for Mia to play with. 2. We can actually use a lot of public services like the library, since I can speak the language....That is all I can think of right now...but I'm sure more will come up as we adjust to living here.
  • I am completely missing Japanese food again. After eating it for 5 years, it's hard to let go. Sigh.
  • We have absolutely no furniture...so need to think about ordering some...soon....very soon.
  • My blog name and look need a desperate update...but I barely have time to blog...so not sure when that will get done...goal for 2013 maybe.
  • A new episode of the Duggars comes on tomorrow night, and I CANNOT WAIT. 
  • Finally I will leave you with this pic. My nephew and Mia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...