Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

Friends, we really did have a great first Thanksgiving here in NYC. I took quite a few pictures, but they really don't even cover the half of it. 

Everyone of course wonders if we went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade...and we decided not too. 3 million people up at 6 a.m. to line up to watch the balloons just didn't seem like a good idea this year. So, we decided to do the next best thing. We headed down to the Museum of Natural History on Wed. afternoon to watch all of the balloons being inflated, and it was such a great idea.


Here are the Macy's staff blowing up Santa. I'll admit we didn't watch them do the entire thing because it takes forever!
Mia had just woken up so wasn't really sure what was going on...hahaha
Buzz Lightyear all ready for his big flight!


Mia yawning in front of the Macy's balloon...you could tell she was very impressed.
After walking around and seeing all of the classics like the Pillsbury Dough Boy and Ronald McDonald, we headed back to the apartment, and I started cooking for the next day. In all honesty, I found Thanksgiving cooking actually quite easy. Lots of just throwing things together in a pan and then baking...so no stress at all really. Here are a few photos of our family dinner.

Mia on Thanksgiving Day...supervising all of the last bits of cooking to be done.

Getting ready to eat all of this yummy goodness.


Butchering...I mean carving...the turkey.


You may notice a few things in these pictures. 1) Our table runner was a collection of gym towels and 2) Our serving dishes were all disposable or made of plastic...hahaha...yeah we actually didn't figure in the whole serving of the meal thing...we kind of completely forgot about what we would need to eat it after it was cooked....haha. So, next year we have vowed to do better.

After our Thanksgiving lunch, we lounged around and watched Netflix and waited for meal two! Yes, we actually went to someone's house and ate Thanksgiving dinner with a bunch of new (to me) people...which was pretty fun...but didn't want to bust out my camera with a group of strangers and put them on the blog....haha.

Anyway, we had a really relaxing four days...and we even made a Starbucks run and drank a peppermint mocha (well I did at least)..OMG...can't wait to go get another one! Completely random side note...I know...anywho... hope everyone also had a great holiday weekend.






2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this Ashley! So *totally* cool to see the bit of Macy's parade and the blowing up of the characters via your blog!

    For what it’s worth (fwiw), I just have to say, I knew that was Buzz Light-year's foot from the first pic! Hahaha. Buzz is popular in our house so....yeah I knew it was his foot. I’m going to show the boys when they get home from school today your pics. They will love these pics! They’re gonna flip!

    Happy Belated Thanksgiving and I think you all had a very nice Thanksgiving. And to be honest, I didn’t notice the table runner were towels at all until you said. I was too busy looking at the delicious food and thinking what a gorgeous baby Mia is! Also, if it helps...Branden Noah and I used paper plates for Thanksgiving and because we ran out, my dad and Noboru used real plates. So you and I are in good company of one another. : ) Besides, we don’t mind at all. Besides it made clean up easier....less plates for the dishwasher to wash. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina! thanks for dropping by. Yes, it was so much fun to see all of the characters! We feel very lucky to have been able to go and do it! ... Your Thanksgiving looked amazing by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...