Wednesday, January 30, 2013

So how are those resolutions going...

I thought that I would attempt to do a monthly update on the progress/or lack of on those brilliant New Year's Resolutions that I made about a month ago....so here is the honest truth.

1. Lose 10 kg: Well, I lost like 1kg. I still have 11 months to go, so not a complete failure....but let me tell you...I didn't do a whole lot to try to accomplish this one. I think I may have gone to the gym maybe 4 times .... so... work in progress. 

2. Read 3 books: I easily got this done this past month. I knocked off Sutton, A Game of Thrones, and The Year of Living Biblically. They were all pretty good books, but I especially liked A Game of Thrones. Now, I'm usually not into fantasy novels (like at all), and the part where the girl was breastfeeding a dragon kind of (well totally) grossed me out....but I'm hooked...and can't wait to start the next one. 

3. Family Outing: Well we went to the Children's Museum of Manhattan, so we did actually go do something new....but otherwise to cold to go out and do much. 

4. Vacation: The wheels are turning...where to go where to go....So, here is what we are thinking...We may go to DC or Boston for a short trip relatively soon. Also, we are thinking of visiting Tokyo and Singapore (well I'm hoping both) later in the year....this will be amazing....but I haven't really gotten the go ahead from Ten....but fingers crossed.

5. Spending active time with Mia: I'd say we are doing really well with this one. Every day I do activities with her through a company called Mother Goose Time. Also, we still go to story time, play groups, classes, and all of that great stuff....plus all the unstructured sillies we get into.

6. Find our new home: I do not even want to think about this daunting task...so I'm going to give myself a big fat F. Tis all for now on that one.

7. Make Ten's lunch: They've gotten a lot better...and should upload a picture to prove it...next time my friends.

8. Charity Walk: Ten is on board for this one....but I haven't quite found what I'm looking for just yet...so still in progress.

9. Blogging: Well if you are reading...you may have noticed that this is only the 4th post this month...so epic fail here....but I did go through the blogs I read and deleted those that haven't been updated in months....baby steps people.

10. Grown up appearance: You be the judge....



11. Money: I've got my usual couple of hours a month deal working for a professor....but I wish I could continue more with this online thing I'm doing... more to come on that later.

 12. Loose ends: I've made a giant list....and currently I'm working on Mia's baby book...so getting there.

Anyway, this post was way too long...so will need to change the format a bit I think....but overall making slow progress.  How are you doing on your resolutions??



1 comment:

  1. she looks alot like both of you and maybe like her nana/grandma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...