Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Elevator Shafts and Play Dates

Last week was truly a long week. I have never been looking forward to a trip so much. I can't wait to not have appointments, not have to cook, not have to clean, all of that fun stuff.

Our Monday went very smoothly. We woke up and I got breakfast and lunch ready (lunch for Ten since I  make his almost every day), and then me and Mia did some crafty things before she took a morning nap. She woke up and we headed to her 1.5 hour class, where she actually got through the whole thing without wanting to leave early. I was sure that this meant that we were bound to have a good week.

Tuesday...something hit me....exhaustion. I was like super tired. I mean there is always a level of exhaustion that I work around every day (like most people), but today I was just too tired. Mia decided that she would take two naps and one was during a play gym time that I had booked, so lucky me we didn't have to go out. You know I don't think we did much of anything on Tuesday because I was just so tired.  Also, Ten was nice enough to call and tell me that I should take a nap while he picked up dinner. He went to Manhattan Diner a few blocks away and picked up some food.

Meatball sub w/ fries for me.

Cheeseburger with two pickles and two sides of coleslaw for Ten.

Ten decided not to order fries with his burger (b/c they were like an extra $3...crazy) which ended up being a good idea since I had way too many fries for just myself. Ten and Mia helped me eat them.

On Wednesday, I was determined to do better than the day before. We all headed to the elevator at like 7:00 a.m. to say good bye to Ten. We walk him down to the lobby every day. Mia was playing with the apartment keys...and that is when it happened...in slow motion she dropped the keys right down the elevator shaft. Yay. We went downstairs and Ten left for work. Luckily the doorman let us back into the apartment. Needless to say, spare keys will have to be made this weekend. Later in the afternoon, I took Mia to a play date at a little boy's house that we met though one of our classes. She basically ignored the little boy and chased his dogs and cats around the whole time. She also ripped a wall mirror off the wall and broke it. No one was hurt luckily and the mom said she didn't mind since it was an old mirror anyway (which I believe)..Everyone had a great time, so that is all that matters.

Thursday we had another nice play date and then on Friday we met two moms and two babies at the museum for another play date. Friday's play date was unsuccessful to say the least. They are the type of moms that do every single thing together....like everything, so I totally felt like the third wheel. If I asked one of them what they did over the weekend...it was "we" did this and "we" did that....so super hard to have a conversation. I keep telling myself that I won't meet these moms again, but every few weeks I find myself back with them....what is wrong with me? I guess I kind of feel obligated since they are Japanese and I try to get involved in that community her in NYC as well.

Anyway, so I was tired to put it lightly. Ten asked me what our plans were for Saturday....and I said...NOTHING. So, we just all enjoyed a day at home doing a whole lot of watching TV to be honest. Those days are a necessity sometimes.

Mia hanging out in her ball pit...easy day

1 comment:

  1. That meatball sub looks delicious!

    Also I’ve met women like that before. Where they’re almost like Siamese twins, meaning doing anything and everything together. Practically joined at the hip. And yes I felt like 3rd wheel too. : (

    I love Mia, in her ball pit. : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...