Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mia is getting bigger, and that means that her toys are getting a bit boring for her. Also, when we went to several play dates the past couple of weeks, I got a lot of great ideas on things that she would like...and other kids would like when they came over to our place. Now, I know it seems like we are shopping maniacs, but really we aren't. We bought everything here for half the price that it was selling for...so we are always looking for a discount on things that we want/need.

Anyway, just to give others an idea of things that we like right now.

New playmats for the floor. We rearranged our apartment a bit, and this meant that we wanted to put something over the hard floors to make it more comfortable. So, we found these and pieced them all together to give us some more cushion.
...and this is what happened. These playmats double as puzzles so Mia is constantly ripping them apart. I'm not complaining though because it keeps her busy for quite a while.

A slightly better picture of the mats before Mia took them all apart.

A Leap Frog toy where you touch the picture and it says the word or makes a sound (we have a similar Japanese toy, so I decided to get her an English one too), a felt taco/burrito set which she loves playing with, and a little caterpillar made up of gears. Two Melissa & Doug toys.

A Pocoyo track with little racing car, some Sesame Street coloring/sticker books, and animal magnets from Melissa & Doug. We were debating weather or not to get this Pocoyo toy, but we saw that it was Bandai...and figured it may be something different for her to play with. We do not regret getting this toy at all as she loves chasing the little car around the apartment (though it goes really slowly...and Mia sometimes yells at it...she may have anger issues...haha)

We are constantly throwing out moldy bath toys....our bathroom is a mold trap. So, we got this cute camping bath toy as well as a bunch of new squirt toys. We will save the squirting toys for when her other ones are unusable...basically back ups. We also got this stupidly expensive penguin toy...which does nothing...all because this is the only toy that Mia picked out. She calls all penguins Ping, and when we tried to put the toy back on the shelf she kept saying Ping! Ping! So, yeah we went ahead and got it...and she insisted on carrying it around for the rest of the night. We also picked up these Minnie ears for our trip. I'm sure much cheaper than at the parks.

We also bit the bullet and got this new Samsonite suitcase. I did a bit of research on the best suitcases and this one popped up on a few lists. I was so happy to find it at TJ Maxx for a lot cheaper than what it usually sells for...granted Ten wasn't too excited about the color...but I like it and it was the only one they had.



 In other non-shopping related news, Mia had her 15 month checkup today and she is the picture of health. The doctor said that she is absolutely perfect on the growth chart, and she is still in like the 90th percentile for her age. We also had to get two shots today which wasn't too bad. She only cried for a few seconds and then the doctor handed Mia a Minnie Mouse sticker, so they were like best friends after that.

When we got home Mia insisted on wearing her sunglasses. So, she sat on the couch munching a Popsicle watching a bit of TV while I worked on dinner. I should have gotten a picture of that, but you can get the idea from this.
Thanks grandma for the Minnie shades!
 I also got two really great things in the mail today. I know that this is super exciting for you to read about, but you know loyalty points? I actually saved up enough through Huggies to get this book/bear gift set. I submitted my points like a week ago and was super surprised to get it in the mail today. Mia wasn't too impressed with this book when we checked it out once from the library (a bit too old for her), so I'm tucking it away for Christmas.

Also, I got this in the mail from Dunkin Donuts. I get a free drink for my birthday. I honestly don't like Dunkin Donuts...way too sugary for my taste...but free is free folks...so I will be stopping by here this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...