Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Random thoughts here...


  • I went to bed last night very frustrated....because of the New York Public Library. They sent me an email saying that I had a book that was OVERDUE. If you know me, then you know that that is not true. This wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't handed me a copy machine card rather than my library card the last time that I went there...and then claimed that I had "lost" my card...so it would be waiting for me in the lost and found. They called me and told me this two days later...when I'm sure the librarian immediately noticed her mistake, but she was just too lazy/indifferent to do anything about it.
  • Moving on...I was not looking forward to the huge amount (like 4) of phone calls that I had to make today. In the end I called the dentist (to make an appointment for November!), the doctor, the library (got that straightened out), and Mia's swim school (very rude), and the candlestick maker (not really) and got everything all worked out.
  • This week and for the next two weeks, we are having what I like to call "rush week." Basically, I am cutting back on the play dates that we have and going for quality rather than quantity. So, this week Mia has a total of 3 play dates followed by 3 more next week...and then we are making cuts. We are going to narrow it down to maybe 3 moms and babies to hang with regularly. We are just getting too bogged down with all of the scheduled play dates...we need time to breathe. 
  • Have you tried MASH? I absolutely love it. I am drinking Ripe Mango/ Blood Orange today, and it is so good. I have one more in the fridge, but I will try to save it for tomorrow.
  • Mia is obsessed with chasing and being chased. She loves it and finds it to be hilarious. At 15 months old, a lot of other babies aren't quite interested in playing with other kids yet. So, Mia's solution has been to run up to them and start pushing them with all of her might to make them run....I think some parents think she is a little bully, but really she is just trying to involve them in her games.
  • I have stumbled across Dance Moms. Yes, I am behind...I know it...but does anyone else find these people to be...just flat out idiotic. I mean jeez. Also, how is this 300 + pound woman teaching dance. I am not saying anything against the big boned...I just honestly, truly, really don't understand how she does it.
  • Finally, I am in a black whole of organization. I am at a point where I am indifferent to Mia losing bits of toys and games here and there. I know that it exists somewhere in the apartment, and I know that I am going to have to do a huge organization/ cleaning of this place soon...it has been on my mind for a few months now...so I'm just being really lax until I get started on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...