Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend

Here is the usual "what we did this weekend post." It doesn't have pictures because I'm not exactly sure where my camera is. I hope I just didn't look hard enough for it rather than Mia hiding it....because let me tell you....she is the best hider of things I know.

Anyway, here we go.

Friday: I got the following email: "You may have Hepatitis A." Okay, so not exactly....but it was along those lines. Our grocery store had an outbreak of it, and we were urged to go get a vaccine. Ten decided to head down to where they were giving out the vaccine on his own...and he had to wait over an hour in a line with a whole lot of angry people. He said it was good times, and we got to see Ten on the news. I'm so proud that my husband had his 15 minutes of fame because of  a Hep A scare....ahhh New York.

Saturday: We started off with an early morning at the park followed by "brunch" at Big Daddy's with another lovely family. I'm officially calling it breakfast though because it was 9:00 a.m.! New Yorkers seem to be obsessed with calling everything brunch on the weekends when they eat out during daylight hours.  Anyway, we ordered pancakes for $14. They were just pancakes....nothing with it. Sooo overpriced, but they were super good. 

After brunchfast, we spent the rest of the day napping and playing. Also, Ten brought home some Japanese food for dinner....but it didn't taste fresh at all. Kind of disappointed Sunrise Mart :(

Sunday: We did a whole lot of nothing. We went to the park. We did swim class....where Mia is doing awesome but still hates floating on her back. Ten bought us Snickers ice cream....and for dinner we had falafels in pitas with sweet potato fries. Ten was like....what is with this vegetarian stuff? I was like....it tastes good.....and he was like....hmmm, it does. Exciting conversation, I know.

In other weekend news, I found out that I need should change my address on my drivers license for our green card interview. I'm sorry dear lawyer, but I don't have the time to take a five hour safety course, read the manual/take the written exam, and then wait hours at the DMV in general. We don't use babysitters, so no way Mia is going to want to sit through all of that! Keep your fingers crossed that our interview goes well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...