Monday, October 21, 2013

Roseola does not make for a carefree weekend.

Kudos to those people that have their weekend blog posts ready to go first thing in the morning. Seriously, how do you find the time? I am genuinely impressed my friends.

So, there was once a nice family who lived on the Upper West Side. They did fun things like go to the park together, attend play groups, and watch the occasional Disney movie while eating ice cream. They were such a happy family. One day, the youngest of the clan got a fever. A fever that was to last 4 days long. This fever would then be followed by a rash, and the great medicine woman diagnosed said illness as Roseola.

Yes, my friends....that little intro is what we have been dealing with for the past week....and let me tell you...it is not fun. Not one bit. This made Mia's ear infection seem like a trip to Hawaii. She has been miserable to the tenth degree, but we have been assured that it will all end soon....here is to hoping!

Anyway, while battling her virus....we did decide to get out and do a few things over the weekend. The doctor said that she was no longer contagious, and I seriously had to escape the nightmare that we had been living...even if it was just for a little bit.


Proof of said nightmare: Cream stew for dinner on Friday night....none of us like it much....but it was the fastest thing that could be made so I could get back to nurse duties.....sad night.

Anyway, on Saturday morning we woke up and headed to the Rutgers Presbyterian Church to attend a performance of Stomp, Clap, and Make Bangs. It was a puppet/musical show put on by Theatre Arts Japan, so we decided to take advantage.

Ten and I are still debating what this animal was supposed to be. In the end, I think it was part mouse, part bear, part raccoon. Yes, that must be it. 

Mia stayed entertained for most of it though, so winner.

Off she goes to check out what is behind the scenes.

After a really confusing show about Boo and her forest friends, we decided to stop at a diner for lunch. After our cream stew dinner....we were wanting something with a bit more substance I guess you could say....so we had gigantic burgers.


Mia enjoyed some tots. Can't you tell how thrilled she was to be out after the show. Notice the spots on her face?

Moving on to Sunday. Ten went to Trader Joe's and picked up this lovely cinnamon whisk. At the same time, I bought this Yankee Candle in cinnamon stick.....hahaha. I guess we both thought cinnamon would be the perfect scent for the apartment. So, random.

We decided to brave the world again and see if Mia would like to go to her swim lesson. She was doing a great job for about 90% of it, but she got cranky at the end.

shot of the whole class

On the way home, Mia did have quite the meltdown. We put her straight to bed, and then Ten decided to use her nap time to go to the pumpkin patch (aka Trader Joe's) and he picked some beauties I might say.

Mia deciding that the pumpkins needed to be stacked.

....and then that 4 pumpkins was totally too many for a family of 3. She promptly put one pumpkin in the bottom of her stroller to dispose of at a later time.
On the agenda this week: decorate lovely pumpkins, slay the evil dragon of Roseola for good, and welcome out of town family (the only kind we have) here for a busy 4 days. Have a great week all!

1 comment:

  1. Both Branden and Noah had roseola once each, not fun, not fun at all. : ( I hope Mia is back to her normal genki self by now, and hopefully no more illnesses for a while.

    The puppet show looked really fun and now you got me wondering what costume that was too. I’ll guess the same as you guys did. It definitely look like a cross between 2 animals at least.... maybe 3. I definitely see the mouse part because it has the tail and ears, but then it does have bear qualities also, hmmm. : ) But then I can also see, where you both see raccoon traits too. Yes, what was that costume anyway? Hahaha. : )

    OMG that burger and fries looked so good and the pickle slices too. Also, when looking at that picture I was thinking, Ten has a very nice sweatshirt on in that pic. I like the red lettering on it, it really pops that sweatshirt. : )

    Yankee Candle. Yumm. I sure do love that store. The only trouble is every time I go in there, I can’t decide what I like. Too many good scents. The cinnamon stock one looks good. Maybe ordering online is better since I can never decide which one, when sniffing them all at the store. : )

    I love that picture close up of Mia in the pool, she looks so pretty in that picture.

    Those pumpkins look so awesome. You know, finding a pumpkin in Japan is just really hard and the price is just insane. : (

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...