Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Welcome October

Yay for October! The start of holiday madness. Is it possible not to get burnt out on the holidays? From now until Easter we have a string of 9 holidays (Japanese and US) followed by Mia's birthday. I'm determined to enjoy each one as they come, but I'm not sure if that will be possible. Hear is to hoping.

Anyway, we have been busy in these parts. I've had a grand total of 3 doctors appointments and a consultation within the past month. Ten is joining a new team temporarily at work which has been causing him to get home a lot later than usual...and Mia is always busy with something. So, the blog (along with cleaning and cooking) hasn't gotten the proper attention that is deserved.

Anyway, here is a bit of a recap of what we did over the weekend. On Saturday I asked Ten to please run to Kinokuniya to pick up a pregnancy/child healthcare checkup book for Baby 2. I'm not really sure how to describe this, but it is basically the baby's ID in Japan until they are 8 years old.
I love that I have one place to record all of my health information during pregnancy as well as everything about baby #2 for years to come.

Ten also came home with all of this:

Two puzzles (Mia's baby puzzles are too easy for her), some flash cards, and three Kumon books. We have been doing a few minutes of Kumon every day since we got these....building that muscle memory. 


Ten also brought home lots of yummy food for us. I swear I cannot go long without tsukemono....I have a love for all pickles. He even brought us back lunch, and we all ate...and ate....and ate....until we were so full that we couldn't move, but really happy in our gorged states.

My lunchbox. Ten had fried chicken which I didn't get a pic of.
We also shared this huge portion of yakisoba....heaven.
Mia is a rice kind of gal, but she was enjoying the noodles all the same. I mean how can you not.


You know what else I got over the weekend....my first (and probably last) Pumpkin Spice Latte. Ten brought it home for me because he is just that kind of a guy. He NEVER goes to Starbucks, so he got quite the shock when they said the price was almost $6. I do love me some seasonal drinks....but seriously...I won't be paying that twice....at least not until Christmas stuff comes out :)


We also started decorating for the Halloween. Here is a little glimpse. We also have a glittery skeleton on the door, and I have a few more things that I need to put up in the apartment...off to a good start though.
I love the little stack of Jack o Lanterns on the table. Ten picked those out, and I'm glad he did. He always goes for more classic looking things.

Anyway, we have lots to do this month. We are going to a Japanese music program for kids, a Halloween party at a church, the Pumpkin Festival in Central Park, a parade at Hippo Park, and I think that will be all for this month...don't want to over do it.



 Happy October!





1 comment:

  1. I love those Halloween decorations on the table and the one on the wall is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...