Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekend Update: Trip to Grand Central

Happy Monday!

I am in a super good mood. It probably has to do with the combination of a nice weekend combined with the upcoming holiday. 

Let's see. Ten had a whole 3.5 days off, so I got a major break. He shuttled Mia to 5 different classes and gave me a much needed break. That is right. On Thursday afternoon he took her to gym class followed by a slot I had booked at the indoor playground. On Friday, he took her to a party for two hours. Saturday, he was out the door at 8:00 to take her to another session at the indoor playground, and then Sunday he took her to swimming class. Talk about a lot of quiet and peace that I got to experience. I am lucky to have a guy who is so willing to take Mia out...and he loves it. It is a huge win-win for everyone.

We also had lots of time to spend together. We went to breakfast with some good friends where we had good conversation and overpriced pancakes (seriously need a new breakfast place). We also decided to take Mia to the holiday train show at Grand Central Station. She had a great time watching the choo-choo cars as she calls them. It was also my very first time to Grand Central, and it is beautiful. I will admit that I have been pretty disappointed by most sites here (sorry Lady Liberty and Times Square), but this was a really beautiful place.

Here are some of the photos of the train exhibit we saw.



Mia loved watching the trains go by.




I seriously could not get a good picture of the main terminal. I think you need to go during the day actually. I did get this lovely picture of these two though.


Let's see in other news....we are well into Christmas shopping. I seriously hope I can knock everything out within the next week or so. I'm pretty sure I can if I stay on top of it all. I am also in the process of interviewing doulas as well as trying to figure out how we can do a better job of celebrating New Year's. We kind of failed last year, and we both want to do a lot better this year.

In some disturbing news, I am pretty sure that my doctor's office ran genetic tests on me without my permission. I have actually refused all testing, but got a letter in the mail the other day from a lab talking about said tests that were ordered by my doctors. I am one unhappy patient....let me tell you....wonder what they will have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...