Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Delusional or Hopeful?

Okay, so I think I may be slightly delusional. 


The story starts with a basic fact: Ten went to Hong Kong on Sunday and won't be back until Friday. Very simple.


So, before his trip I was planning all of the wonderful things that I was going to do in my mind. I had images of early morning yoga followed by a healthy breakfast, baking breads and cookies, scrubbing the apartment down until it was absolutely spotless, catching up on some admin stuff and reading, maybe a trip out to a cafe, and a even a day out with a friend. I mean I could achieve a lot without having to do laundry every day and not having to cook three meals for two.


Well my friends, this little plan was a delusion. So far, my week has turned out nothing like the above. Sunday and Monday were pretty much spent on the couch watching episodes of All American Muslim and Gangland. I mean not a total waste since these programs are a bit on the educational side....right? And today wasn't a whole lot better. I mean I did at least shower and straighten up the apartment, and I was able to catch up on some reading. (FYI: Currently trying to read a book a week so that we can clear out some space in the apartment....might I add that our books are painfully boring and academic...so not as relaxing as it sounds...haha)


Anyway, I also came upon some stumbling blocks. I realized that indeed making it up the giant hill to go to Starbucks or to go anywhere is rather difficult when you can't walk properly. Also, I can't really bend my ankle, so the cleaning part isn't as easy as well....and yoga...what in the world was I thinking? As for baking....well it's just me...so I would have way too much for one person...so that will have to wait.


This leaves me stuck inside with not a whole lot that I can actually do. However, I'm not giving up hope yet. I still have three whole days where I might be able to start on some of these projects....here's to hoping that when I wake up tomorrow...the ankle will be completely healed...haha

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully! We will try to venture out together! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, entered same post twice somehow...
    Like I said earlier, lets try together (^^)d

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...