Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mia's Big Entrance (Part 1)

On April 11, Ten and I finally made our way over to the hospital to do a tour of the Labor and Delivery ward. We figured that it was about time to do it. We made our way over to the hospital (Aiiku Byoin) and joined the tour. 

We saw the delivery rooms, the rooms that you stay in, etc. Pretty boring overall, and they even showed us a special room. The room was right next to the nurses station and was for those with complications and immediate high risk deliveries/pregnancies. We kind of glanced at it and both made the comment that we probably wouldn't need it so no point really paying attention....bahahaha. Fast forward about  6 hours later.




Yes ladies and gentlemen...there are my legs....sitting in the Maternal/Fetal Intensive Care Unit.

When we got back from the hospital...we continued our day as normal...and then around 9 pm or so....I decided to go to bed. After about half an hour or so I got up to use the bathroom....and my water broke. I would say that we weren't panicked really...I told Ten that he should probably call the hospital and ask what we should do. Ten called them up and said that I was 33 weeks pregnant and that we had thought that my water had broke. Their reply was something along the lines about how that was too early...but to come in for a check up anyway and try not to move around too much. I told Ten that maybe I had just peed myself and was to ignorant to realize it....hahaha...or at least I hoped that was what happened.

We hopped into a taxi and made our way over to the hospital. I was diagnosed with PPROM (which only happens in less than 3% of pregnancies) and told that I would be hospitalized (in that special room) and on bed rest until the baby came. They pumped me full of meds that would stop contractions and said that we were going to try to at least make it to 34 weeks. However, the important thing was to make it a day longer...each day I didn't have the baby was a milestone. 

Ten headed back home for the night, and we began our 5 day journey in the Maternal/Fetal Intensive Care Unit.






3 comments:

  1. glad you started your blog again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you are doing well! And I hope all is ok with your baby~sending prayers your way<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to read the rest of your journey. Mia is beautiful! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...