Thursday, June 21, 2012

State of Affairs

....or better yet the state of our household. That is what I need to vent about today because let me tell you dear friends....it is out of control! There isn't a place where I can look right now and feel that sense of "aah, all is right in the world." Instead I feel like we are living in a really bad episode of Hoarders or one of those shows where the people are in desperate need of a life planner....something along those lines.


So, here I go...here are the areas that have me wanting to stay in bed for the day and hope some version of the life organization fairy will come and make everything all better.


Small Things



  • Email: My inbox is out of control. I have dozens of emails that I actually NEED to read through and form some sort of reply...Also, I have tons of email folders whose names and content don't match. I'm pretty sure that I have almost every email that I have sent/received (minus junk mail) for the past 5 years...and it is quickly catching up to me.
  • Pictures/Scrap booking: So B-E-H-I-N-D. I have multiple things that I need to finish with my pictures, but this won't be happening any time soon...as much as I would like to think that it is going too...it won't.
  • Books: I had my beautiful summer reading list, but it has been attacked by a host of gifted books. I swear we have received every childcare book known to man!! We have not bought a single one, but we have more than our book shelf can hold...so they are actually tucked away under our couch! Very nice that we got these all....but I'm wondering if I will actually get to read them while Mia is still a baby...haha
  • Clutter: Me and Ten like to pride ourselves on the fact that we are almost completely clutter free! However, over the past month...we are swimming in it...in every corner...every shelf...every everything...there is clutter. My closet is one of the scariest places on Earth right now....There are things everywhere...we also have empty random cardboard boxes taking up space....sob.
  • Blog: I hate my blog design... absolutely don't like it. I would love to sit down and reorganize it and such...and need to rename it to now that I think about it.
  • Shopping: I have went on a bit of retail therapy session these past few weeks. I have ordered blankets, sheets, a new planner, a new desktop calendar, and an address book. I actually did need all of these things. I am also having some magazines sent to me and a new tote bag from my sister! However, I still have so much more I want to get...sigh...because I need it I should add.
  • Cleaning: Vacuuming, Scrubbing, Wiping Down...words not heard in this apartment regularly since we found out we will be moving.
The Big Things

These things are so chaotic that I don't have enough space to write about...but can you imagine...we have to choose a 401k plan, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, a new apartment, getting rid of all of our appliances (hard to do in Japan), opening new bank accounts, finding a new apartment, trying to get a home loan and finding a house, and buying a car....all at the same time. Makes my head spin....and not to mention THE COURSE...so evil I don't want to think about it.

Now I'm really not overly stressed about this....because things always do have a way of working themselves out in the end...however, it is enough to make me want to watch hours of the Real Housewives of New Jersey and eat cookies for dinner while not moving from my bed....BUT since I did that yesterday I guess I should soldier on today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...