Thursday, June 28, 2012

Catching Up

I can't believe it has been over a week since I've last posted something! Things have just been so hectic around here...and exhausting...I am so beyond tired...even with an 8 to 9 pm bedtime. So here is a little bit of a catch up on what we have been up to.

First, things are going fairly smoothly with our move so far. Mia has received both her Japanese and American passports and birth certificate. Also, her Social Security card arrived at my mom's house a few days ago, so she is ready to fly out whenever. Ten has his visa interview at the embassy on July 11, and then he should get his visa in a week or so after that. So, if all goes well we could be out of here around the 19th or so....but at the latest it could be around the 25th...either way it looks like July will be when we are leaving...so once again we will be flying or moving around the time of my birthday! This has happened every year for the past 4 years! It's kind of too bad for me...hahaha...but that just seems to be the way it always works out. 



Also, I recently had a bunch of things sent to me from the US, and I got them all yesterday.


I finally got Mia's bedding in. She hates sleeping in her bed, so Ten and I thought maybe making it a little bit cozier might help the situation....and I have to admit...these are just so cute that it makes me happy to look at them.



Here are some thin blankets that she can use for both the summer and winter. I absolutely love the goldfish print. Goldfish remind me so much of the summer time, and you can find lots of cute goldfish patterns here in Japan...so I was happy to find these blankets!




Here are her crib sheets. Little owls sitting in a tree. Also, on the bottom you can see her fairy blanket. The back side has cupcakes on it...so sweet...This blanket is mainly for the winter though since it is four layers of muslin.



I also went ahead and started getting some things that I think will be useful for the plane trip to NY. We will fly business class, so it really won't be that bad...but I still needed a few things.


On the left is my new changing pad from Fisher Price...this thing is great. My current changing pad is too tiny for Mia now...and this one has a place to hold wipes and comes with little disposable bags for diapers...great choice Sarah! Also, on the right is a 31 bag from my sister. It's really cute, and I may start to use this as my diaper bag....it might be a bit small for the plane though so I might have to bring a small carry-on.



Some Clorox wipes to disinfect seats and tables on the plane since those things are never cleaned and some more diaper sacks...and no I'm not a germaphobe...but we do have to be a bit more cautious since Mia is a preemie.




Magazines for me...though I'll actually read these before we go I'm sure...hahaha. I love O Magazine by the way...probably my favorite.


Supplements for Ten...also not related to the move...but he just "needed" them...hahaha.

I've also been in a mad scramble to try and finish my Sports Nutrition course...and it has totally paid off...I only have one more essay to finish...and then I will be sending it off to be graded next week. So, I will be DONE...what a relief!! 

So, I had to find a way to keep Mia occupied while I typed up about a million essays...so I did what any good parent would do...turned on the TV....and you know what her favorite shows have been so far.




Not sure if you can see it...but Anpan Man...Keeps her entertained for like 20 minutes at a time...which is a lot for a 2 month old.
And you know what her all time favorite show is.....



...The Real Housewives of New Jersey...not even kidding. She can watch this for like an hour straight! And, what's even crazier...she will start talking like crazy. I've never seen anything like it. Ten's says that we should be worried about her expectations growing up...She will probably demand a BMW for her 16th birthday...so scary...She also has a lot of leopard print clothes and zebra striped outfits that we dress her in...so it is also probably our fault...and my sister's for buying her all of those clothes.

Anyway, I think I've went on for long enough right now...so I will dive back in to the mountain of laundry that I have and piles of dishes...that way I can move on to more exciting things like going through closets in order to prepare for the move...FUN! --please note the sarcasm :o)



4 comments:

  1. hahahahaha love this blog! sounds like Mias' Aunt Sarah is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that we still have time to hang! Good choices on the sheets too! One more essay and it be done, eh? As for the TV shows... Lets find some Anpanman DVDs before you leave! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am inlove with her watching RHONJ that and the leopard print...love her already!! plus i love how your home has turned into a total baby place (funny how that happens when we become mommy's!) can't wait for you to move, i am ready to send her stuff! *alisha*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and we are excited to get it. I think we will be back in two weeks!! I will skype you if I catch you online :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...