Monday, June 11, 2012

Things I'm Loving Right Now

Rosemary and Mint- This scent is my new all time favorite. I'm using Rosemary and Mint shampoo and conditioner....and I am so in love. It wakes me right up in the mornings. I also just picked up a hand wash in this scent and can't wait to bust it open.


aiden + anais- We got two of these blankets as a gift for Mia....and they are so soft. They are also really cozy and warm without overheating baby. The designs are so simple and cute. I'm about to bust out Ten's credit card this week and purchase a few more things for Mia (read myself...haha). I cannot recommend this company enough... :)


Home Organization Binders- I am beyond pumped to make my binder. I've been reading up on them from a lot of different sites on what to include in making one....this is like the ultimate in list making and planning...so right up my alley!! I will also have a ton more to plan for...three adults, two kids, and lots of fun...so we will need to be very organized.


Proverbs 31- If I feel lazy I just flip over to Proverbs 31 and read about this perfect yet attainable image of how a woman should be....it really helps motivate me to get a little bit extra done. This may seem a bit old-fashioned...but I really admire the Proverbs 31 woman...in fact, she is like my new obsession...right up there with the Duggars....that means...yes, I'm even reading books dedicated to  the topic.


Homeschooling- No...we are not planning on homeschooling...well not exactly...but Ten and I have talked about how great we think homeschooling is. To be honest...and not to offend any of my teacher friends...but I don't have a lot of faith in the public education system. Also, I do have a university degree and taught English...so I could do it...and we could customize the material....but in the end...it isn't really that socially acceptable. However, I have decided to use some of the curriculum with my nephew when we move to the US...and with Mia we plan on doing it during summers....fun learning for a couple of hours each day is better than sitting in front of a TV....in our opinion.


Suntory Oriental Blend Tea- I grabbed a bottle of this yesterday while we were in the checkout lane....it's a blend of oolong and jasmine tea with some other things mixed in....I could drink this stuff all day long....sad I only grabbed one bottle!! May have to ask Ten to make a run to the grocery store for more.


The Godfather- I had never watched this series until recently. I always started and stopped it and just couldn't get into it. Well I was determined to make it past the first half hour the other night and now I am addicted to it. I have finished the first two...so I will be lost when I finish the third one. It's always sad to finish such a great movie...because then other things are such a let down.


Walks- I don't get to leave the apartment very often. Rainy season with an infant makes that almost impossible...but when the rain does stop I am very appreciative of the bit of movement I can squeeze in.


Skype- I used to think I was wasting a lot of time on Skype...but now with nursing in full swing...there are times I can't do much else. Had a lot of fun today talking to my grandma about the gossip going on back home...and then making fun of Ten with my sister and mom...LH didn't mind.... ;)


Adoption- This isn't really something we are thinking about doing right at this moment, but it is something we are keeping in the back of our mind. With two difficult pregnancies (one miscarriage and one premature baby), we aren't quite sure if we are willing to go another round....so, this may be a great option for us...but like I said...lots to think about here.


Anyway, please forgive the typos and odd grammar and what not...great thing about a blog is that it doesn't have to be perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Proverbs 31 is one of my favorites! I think that is a wonderful example of the woman that I want to be. She's strong, dedicated to her family, and nurturing. :)
    Adoptions....well you know my feelings on this considering my own adoption!
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...