Sunday, July 29, 2012

Our First Costco Purchase

Wow! I thought groceries were expensive in Tokyo, but they are ridiculously expensive where we are right now. It makes me want to faint just thinking about how much I spent on peanut butter the other day at the "cheaper" supermarket. So, Ten did some research and found out that we can order from Costco online and have it delivered through a third party. Now, I have been told that Costco isn't actually the cheapest, but in this case it really was. We sat down with all of our grocery receipts and calculated per pound what was cheaper where and then placed our order...so it was money saved for us.


So, here is what we bought....



Bulk Diapers and 30 rolls of toilet paper for almost the same price as 12 near our apartment.


14 pounds of ground turkey (not all pictured) and some pickles (love pickles).

Mushrooms, plums, red onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, and Greek yogurt (love Greek yogurt).

Tons of turkey bacon, two giant bottles of ranch dressing, almonds, minced garlic, seasoning salt, pico  de gallo.

Four double sized boxes of Cheerios and 2 packs of English muffins (whole grain).

Tons of peaches, green beans, hot sauce, and trash bags. There are also 3 jars of marinara sauce back there.

Chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans, and oatmeal.

As you can see, nothing really fancy. We almost never buy pre-made frozen meals or anything like that. We would much rather cook as many of our meals as possible...and it becomes all too easy to pop those in the microwave...so better not to keep a bunch on hand. Though...I can see a few here and there in our future....just the way it goes.

Hmm...so I'm wondering...what is on your weekly grocery list?

3 comments:

  1. wow looks like you got a lot . I see Ten and Mia in the back,she is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got a big haul! I love the feeling when my pantry is full!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good looking shopping haul. : )

    And I agree, I like the feeling of a full pantry also. : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...