Monday, July 2, 2012

First Real Day Out With Mia -- Farewell to Tokyo

Ten is off at the gym right now for one of his final personal training sessions, and I am trying to get Mia to sleep for the night (she isn't having it might I add), so I figure it is a good time to type up what we did over the weekend. 

First, the weekend started and ended with gifts! Yay! It is always so much fun to get unexpected gifts...not going to lie.



On Friday we got a package from Australia, and we opened it to find a pair of little red Uggs. Really cute...did you know Uggs were invented in Australia? Well that's what we were told. These were from Ten's coworker for Mia for the New York winters. How thoughtful!... especially since we have never even met him! Also, the necklace below was given to Ten on Sunday night as a gift for me. This came from the most unexpected person....our dry cleaner as a gift for having Mia. Really sweet of her. Once she found out that I could speak English (odd story in itself there), we started having small talk when I went to pick up Ten's clothes. Must get a thank you note for her!

On Saturday, Ten made us lunch reservations at Gonpachi in Azabu. It is an American/Japanese fusion restaurant...and famous for being the inspiration for a huge fight scene in Kill Bill.



Lots of famous people have eaten here like George Bush and Stevie Wonder...and best of all...



...Johnny Depp...my sister's celebrity obsession...though I will admit he is mighty fine!

Anyway, we chose this restaurant because I had never been...and didn't want to miss out before we left...Also, we called beforehand and were told that it was baby friendly and was non-smoking throughout. When we arrived, the staff actually carried our stroller up all of the steps for us...so I definitely agree...baby friendly in that sense.

Here is a pic of me and Mia...and that pink thing hanging off of me is my super hero cape (aka nursing cover).



We had a lot of really nice food. I ordered the lunch course and Ten had the oyakodon set plus he ordered some yakitori. 



Starting with a salad...tasted better than the picture looks.



Sweet and sour and spicy shrimp dumpling...I loved this thing...and the best part is they accidentally brought Ten one too...and when we told them that we didn't order it...they told us to keep it...so I ate two of them...I know...bad since the top part is all fried...but couldn't help it.



Cold tofu with baby anchovies...I just can't stomach the baby fish looking at me...so I had to pass this one over to Ten.


Ten's food. He has been on a strict diet...like really strict...so he devoured this...plus some yakitori...


We also had more yakitori, grilled fish, and tempura with sea salt (I am a convert to tempura with salt). I thought I took pics but I guess not....and finally dessert...vanilla ice cream with brown sugar.


And finally, a few pics of the restaurant...very empty since we got there right when it opened to avoid a crowd.




And Mia...she did really well. She was all smiles when we walked in and was checking everything out...So it has definitely boosted our confidence for more outings. 


1 comment:

  1. wow nice gifts and sounds like a great way to start your last few weeks in Japan...the united states will be happy to have you home...or maybe that is just your mom talking

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...