Monday, July 16, 2012

Tickets are Booked!

As far as I know (because it seems like during these relocations things can change at the very last minute), we will be flying out of Japan this Saturday! The movers will be here on Friday morning, and then we will be off to a hotel for the night (which is still not booked so not sure where we will be staying), but it seems to be all coming together. Ten has already went to the ward office and informed them that we are leaving. So, now all we have to do is turn off the utilities, the internet, our cellphones, finish packing, fill out our customs forms etc, finalize our serviced apartment, and a few other small things...yeah...maybe it's kind of a lot...but I guess at this point we have no choice but to get it done. We are also still not sure if we should get Mia her own seat or have her ride in a bassinet....I'm leaning more towards the bassinet so she can stretch out and lay down....but we will see.

Anyway, I will be so excited to escape this:






Yes, it definitely feels like we are living like squaters...like the laundry in the window?...we can't hang it outside because the boxes are blocking the door...and we moved our bikes onto the balcony....but only a few more short days until we are out of here! Yay!

Also, here is a glance at what we have been up to when not dealing with the move:

Mia and Ten

Mia, Ten and his mom during her last visit Tokyo

Mia's first visit to the Shrine

Much more interested in sucking her hand than the gods welcoming her to the community...haha

Anyway, tomorrow I hope to get Mia's 3 month pictures up since we have a doctor's appointment then...so stay tuned :)







4 comments:

  1. What you are doing, meaning the move. I think it's really great. Mia is going to have the best life getting to grow up in the US. : )

    I know it's busy right now, but it's going to be so worth it!

    Good luck for the next couple of days and safe travels my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gina! We are moving to New York for the next five years or so for my husband's job. I am very much looking forward to being able to celebrate holidays and everything like I did as a kid...and adding in the Japanese holidays as well. Thank you for the kind message! I hope you and your family have a great summer!!

      Delete
  2. I think you will love being back in the States! (Totally agreeing with Gina) I hate packing too, so I can understand that. Don't you wish you had a Mary Poppins magic wand to pack it all up for you?! Good luck, relax and get ready for the return home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey! Once again, congratulations on your pregnancy!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...