Sunday, March 10, 2013

Our Weekend

This is seriously a blog post that is overloaded with pictures, but I'm sure both my mom and grandma will love it, so here we go.

Saturday morning started out as any other Saturday. We woke up and had pancakes for breakfast before heading out to Mia's swim lesson. She had a great time as usual, and I had planned on taking some pics. However, I got to chatting with a nice lady from Brazil about the horrors of having a baby in the U.S....I won't even go into that topic...but needless to say I couldn't get any pictures.

After coming home and having leftovers for lunch, we headed down to Time Square. We first popped in to Kinokuniya to look around. We actually ended up buying a hiragana poster for her Easter basket (I know...someone stop me!!) and this book about brushing your teeth. She loves this series, and we were hoping that it would make brushing seem like more fun since she has been fighting us on it recently...and you know what...it worked!! She thought the sounds were funny and liked to play along...thank you genius creator of this book!



Our next stop was the library. We wanted to take a quick peak since this place is quite famous. We ended up hitting the jackpot of English AND Japanese picture books. Yay!


We then popped over to Sunrise Mart and bought our necessities...you know...rice, soy sauce, curry, kimuchi, miso, etc. By this time, we were completely starving. So, we grabbed two bento and sat there and at them....They were really good as usual.
One BBQ Chicken and one Fried Chicken with Milk Coffee and Mugicha 

Ten reading a book to Mia at the cafe, so I could eat my food in peace.

 On our way back to the station, we took a little stroll through Bryant Park. I love this place...I feel like I say I love everything, but I really do love Bryant Park. It is such a nice place to relax right in the middle of it all.

This also the home of Le Carrousel, so we thought we would have some fun and let Mia take her first carrousel ride.


Ten said she had a lot of fun and especially liked the mirrors...she even let out a little scream...of joy I hope...haha

By this time, it was getting pretty late...but we decided to head over to Toys R Us to check out the ferris wheel. We also let Mia test out some little bikes....haha. She looked so cute on them, but those pics are on my phone.

Sunday, we did a quick clean of the apartment and then Ten went grocery shopping...and he brought home a Little People Disney Princess set of 7 princesses...they are so cute, and she loves them. My picture turned out really bad, but this one from the Target website is exactly the same....we are seriously hopeless....haha


Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Figure - 7 pack

 Once he got back, we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and go to the park. Wow, Mia had a great time.


She went down the slide COUNTLESS times. Ten said it was making him dizzy...haha.



 They also played on the swings, and seriously...I have never seen a baby laugh so hard while swinging...OMG....she had so much fun.




Laughing so hard she couldn't even sit up straight

We had a ton of fun this weekend, and actually I am pretty wiped out from it. We may have to plan a lazy day indoors soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...