Monday, May 20, 2013

Vacations, Religion, and the Usual

I have been M.I.A. from my blog for a week or so, and I wish I had some fabulous reason why. The truth is though I just didn't feel like logging on and typing anything. We have been relatively busy though.

Let's see...we did go to the Greek festival...and there was really nothing Greek about it...except for the blue and white balloon animals and the loud ethnic music being piped over the speakers...so needless to say we didn't even stop at any of the stands. We just kind of walked right through.

We also went to the AMNH over the weekend. We took Mia through the butterfly house one more time before it closes. They had an exhibit about Global Food which was I'm sure interesting, though we were mainly focused on preventing Mia from getting a little too hands on with the displays.

I thought originally we had decided to go to Japan for our vacation. I mean we were ready to book the tickets. At the very last, last minute...we decided no to Japan. It would have been an exhausting (but worthwhile) trip. Ten and I haven't really been on a proper vacation since Europe 2 years (?) back, so we didn't want to be completely worn out after our trip. So, we ended up booking a week at the supposed happiest place on Earth...Disney.

On that note, Disney is actually a really complicated place to plan. We are reserving our character meals now, and they are almost fully booked. Also, I'm trying to figure out the whole PhotoPass thing...where to find the best snacks...which rides to skip...all of that fun stuff...in the hopes that we will have a stress free week...fingers crossed...but I am VERY EXCITED...and I do not get excited about things easily...Fact.

Also, my mom will be joining us for a weekend next month. We are hoping to go to the Statue of Liberty, hit up Red Lobster, go to Central Park, and watch Mia swim....it is actually a lot for only a few days...so we will do our best.

That weekend is Father's Day and Ten's Birthday! I just kind of remembered that today, so I need to find a way to make it special.

Another thing, Mia got a ton of clothes in the mail from a professor that I do some work for. They were the cutest things, and I need to run out and buy a thank you card for her....people who don't send thank you notes are one of my pet peeves btw.

Finally, I am still meeting with the missionaries...I think. They actually cancelled on me because they didn't want to talk with me while I was discussing the church with a member. Apparently all of my questions were getting a little too intense for them. So, I met a guy that talked about how we need to be able to live with ambiguity in the Mormon church...and that other Christian faiths are overly simple...we can't know all about God and the after life...Also, before I get any comments...yes, Protestant faiths are much, much less intellectually challenging when compared to Mormonism. If you have not investigated the religion, then I suggest you do so before sending me crazy messages...He also explained that he has been a Mormon for over 20 years...and he doesn't follow some guidelines or believe certain aspects of the doctrine. It actually made me okay with a lot of things...though I am wondering if the missionaries will be back...haha.

Anyway, that is everything simplified down into  one post...I shall assume regularly scheduled blogging sometime in the near future...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley,

    I'm sure little Mia will absolutely love Disneyland. "It's a Small World" is my favourite ride. Make sure you buy her a big cuddly Minnie Mouse toy!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...