Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day...at the last minute....

With all of the holidays that we celebrate, I was thinking...something has got to give. So, I had fully intended on cutting out something. My mind immediately jumped to Valentine's Day. I thought...hmm..can totally do without it...and then February 13th around 10 pm...something hit me...and I just couldn't do nothing...so I thought...I will at least make my two Valentine's something special. So, I busted out the old construction paper and made them each a giant Valentine.




February 14th rolled around, and my two sweeties both loved what I had made, so I was feeling pretty good about it. Me and Mia were watching a Charlie Brown Valentine's Day cartoon...and cupid struck again!


I mean look at this cute face! How could I not celebrate a day that is supposed to be all about love. So, I rushed out to the store and tried to scrape together whatever I could to make it a special night.

I bought this journal and added  some foam letters. We each wrote down what we love about each other, and we plan on doing this every Valentine's Day going forward. Cute little new family tradition.

Mia's presents. A small baby doll and some snacks.

Our Valentine's Day dinner: sparkling cider (served in whisky glasses...don't ask), red velvet cupcakes, strawberries, heart shaped chocolates, and homemade chicken parmigiana. So yummy.

 
 We ate a really yummy dinner and watched Mia throw herself around the pack and play (hilarious) and filled out our new book of love. Ten also surprised me with these chocolates... I love this company, so I was so excited...I'm only allowing myself one per day...moderation folks....but he is such a great husband.


We had the perfect (for us) Valentine's Day. Love my two Valentines.



1 comment:

  1. very cute, Mia is getting so big! miss that little chunk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...