Monday, December 19, 2011

Internet Addiction??

Sometimes I would love to throw my phone and computer out the window. Not because I'm frustrated with them, but because I feel that they are glued to me and drain me of all energy.


Well, that may be a little dramatic. Today, I got a message from my sister saying that she would be phoneless/Internetless for the next two weeks. I'll admit that in the back of my mind I was thinking....wow...I may actually get a lot more stuff done now. I mean we spend so much time texting each other and using Skype (not that this is necessarily a bad thing).


So, I rolled out of bed and started cooking breakfast and making Ten's lunch...when...my mom got on Skype. Okay, we do have some things we need to talk about before she leaves for Japan...so fair enough. After talking with her for a good 40 minutes or so, I was able to hop in the shower. Almost as soon as I got out, I was back on Skype talking to my grandma for at least an hour. Whew. 


I looked at the clock and realized that it was after 10:30. Now, I had been up since 7:30 and had spent half of that time on the phone....crazy! This was followed with two messages on Facebook to a cousin who needed some addresses and catching up on my emails. 


So, here is the dilemma. I would love to try to spend 24 hours (or more) without touching a computer or smartphone; however, I'm not sure that that is possible. I mean if I didn't use my PC, then how would I find recipes, work on course work, etc? Also, if I didn't use the old phone, then I wouldn't be able to talk to family or friends (though for 24 hours...may not be that big of a deal).


Anyway, I feel slightly addicted to being connected through technology these days. I'm thinking there could be a possible New Year's Resolution in all of this.

1 comment:

  1. I understand !!! But your family is so nice how could you do without them for 24 hours.lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...