Saturday, December 17, 2011

Saturday

Our doorbell was ringing non-stop today!! All in preparation for the holidays....kind of...First, we received a package of food from Ten's mom. This had to be the most random assortment of food that we have received...a bag of sugar? hmmm....Also, we received yet another giant bag of rice. We are now up to about 15+ kg (30+ lbs) of rice. We seriously have no idea what we are going to do with all of this rice....no idea....we are also a little bit confused as to why Ten's mom keeps sending these massive amounts of rice....very nice of her though...and we won't go hungry this winter....haha
Oops! One package is upside down...oh well.

Literally five minutes later, the bell rang yet again. This time we got.....

...our new futon set. I have no idea why I am so excited about this. I love new futons....just love them. I wanted to rip it open and take a nap, but Ten reminded me that it wasn't even 9 a.m. yet....I should also mention that Ten's mom ordered this especially for my family's visit to Japan....extremely nice of her!!

Finally, maybe two minutes later...the postman was back at our door (kind of wonder why so many people from the same office deliver the boxes...can't they just consolidate it??). Anyway, Ten and I had no idea what else we could be receiving....but....



...yay!!...our Christmas gifts from the U.S. The packages say from Santa....but maybe, just maybe...they are from my mom. Ten immediately started eating the deer jerky that she sent...yes, that is right...deer jerky...did I mention I am from the Midwest? But, it is the best thing ever!!




There were so many cute packages in the box...and so many good snacks....we can't wait until Christmas gets here...and yes, we will wait...one year, we opened it up the day we got the box...Christmas Day was so disappointing after that...hahaha.


Now completely changing topics...lunch today...a taste of home...hahaha. We haven't eaten anything BBQ style in a while...so pulled chicken sandwiches today...really easy and so good.


I cut up 4 cloves of garlic and a small onion and threw them in a pot with two chicken breasts along with a cup of water and a cup of BBQ sauce. I boiled it for 15 minutes and then shredded the chicken while continuing to boil the sauce. Threw back in the chicken and boiled for 15 more minutes....Done!! Also, I wish I would have taken a pic of the awesome baked pork Ten made today....I'm sure we will be eating it again this week though....so until then....

Finally, (another change of subject....) I did a bit of shopping. The drug store is one of my favorite places to shop....hahaha


Eye masks and face masks...Ten kind of complained about whether it was necessary to get them...but then I quietly reminded him of how he secretly (well not so much now) uses them too...silence....hahaha

Anyway, just the highlights of our Saturday. Kind of long, but I figure it makes up for all of the days when I didn't type anything...haha...and as I am scrolling back through this blog entry, I must say that we are both lucky to have the parents that we do...we never have to go without...even as we are nearing the end of our 20s... :)

4 comments:

  1. I think you forgot something. You got to talk to that adorable sister of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And happy holidays from your little brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And i love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice parcles of goodies!! Deer jerky... Can get it in Canada too!! Reese's peanut butter cups!! Please let me eat a few when I visit you next!! I LOVE THEM!! Yes, it's great to have parents who are thinking about you. I'm grateful for my friends who send me things too (^o^)/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...