Friday, December 2, 2011

Wrapping Finale

Okay, so today was the last day of my wrapping class....and here are my beautiful creations.... ;)

We started with some origami practice. We were focusing on kimono today, so we had to get the basics down on paper first.


The green on can be used to write names on for place settings and the orange can be used as a chopstick/toothpick holder...really cute. I would have never thought to use them in that way. I will definitely say that this class got the creative juices flowing....

You may notice that I accidentally made the green one a bit on the wide side....the teacher said...oh that is the pregnant kimono like you and the orange is after labor...hehehe....ummm....yeah we aren't going to comment on that....but she had good intentions.

Next we learned how to wrap the wine bottle to resemble a woman wearing a kimono. This is actually really simple but does require a few cords and ribbons to hold it all together.


Finally, we practiced something called peacock wrapping.


Pretty creative, and you can tape the top of it together so it is shaped like one big bow. This is really easy to do. You just make the top side of the paper longer than needed and then fold it back and forth like a paper fan. You then tie a cord or ribbon around the center....super easy!

Anyway, I think I learned a lot of good basic things from this course, and I would like to continue. However, at the same time I'm glad to have it finished with...and it is kind of too cold to get out now anyway. So, I think I will focus on tying up some other loose ends before I commit to anything else.

1 comment:

  1. That looks very effective. I'd like to try wrapping creatively one day. Perhaps I can do it this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...