Thursday, December 8, 2011

Savoring the Moment

We are moving right on through December. It seems like time is flying by. The rest of this month is about to get super busy...and it seems like the busyness will continue right into next year.


.....let's see...tomorrow we have our 16 week doctor's appointment...fingers crossed....and then we will be working on the details of Ten's mom's visit to Tokyo...as well as straightening out the details of my mom's visit....a lot of shopping to stock up on food for our house guests :) ..... and as Ten has told me there will be a deep clean of this apartment...yikes.


Also before everyone descends on our tiny apartment, I need to find some time to squeeze in a hair appointment. Right now, my hair is T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E. Everything about it.


Then the end of the month will contain a whole lot of sight seeing. 


Next year....oh...let's see....maybe a possible move (would so love this!!)...Ten has a ton of things happening at work including some trips abroad....tax time (never fun and time consuming)...and getting ready for a baby.


So, the point of all of this rambling? How do you stay focused on enjoying every day and not getting caught up in just getting things done and over with? How do you avoid getting caught up in the details?


I think that Ten and I are always thinking about getting things out of the way and what is coming next. It is really hard to slow down and just enjoy the moments that we are in now. I'm hoping that by typing this up today....it will help remind me of this as we move into the weekend. For example, instead of thinking..."I want to get tomorrow's doctor's appointment over with," I should be thinking...."This is an interesting TV show that I'm watching...right now." Or "I'm going to do these dishes right now so that we can relax tonight." Not "I need to do these dishes so I can start....insert next task here."


So, while I have totally kicked the habit of procrastination it seems, now I need to focus on making a better environment for myself and at home.... Otherwise, as morbid as it might sound...we are kind of just counting down the days until...well...death.... Yes, a terrible thing to say, but entirely true.



3 comments:

  1. right with yuh gurl, it's so hard to kick the habit but it helps with not getting so stressed about things for me. Trying my best too. I wish you the best on your exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think we all need to stop and smell the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point... Gotta think positively, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...