Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Come Early

Christmas in Japan can be quite....well...I guess you could say disappointing. You have to kind of go hunting for the Christmas spirit. It just isn't in the air here like it is back home. So, we have to do the best with what we have.

Today, Kahori came over to watch some Christmas DVDs that she had sent over from Canada.

Do you remember these movies?...classics


We actually didn't watch the movies, but they did make for good background noise while we caught up and planned for our trip to Disney....haha.

We also ate a ton of food...oh the doctor will not be happy at my next weigh in...but that is a story for another day.

Jalapeno pizza and a cheeseball that I made...recipe will follow at the end.

  
Also, I told Kahori that I needed a human pic for the blog...hahaha...I didn't want it to be myself...because well...did I mention the weight gain...It's not like I've gained 100 pounds or anything crazy...it's just that I'm not used to it yet....haha



And of course a gift exchange...I "accidentally" saw through the bottom of the plastic....so I think I know what it is....but I'll wait to open it....oops. (but dear Kahori...I love it!! Thanks!)


A nice way to start the Christmas weekend.... :)

Anyway, for anyone interested in making this super easy cheeseball....here is the recipe:

Ingredients

1 package of cream cheese
Shredded cheddar cheese (amount that you like)
2 pineapple rings (cut up into small pieces)
1/4-1/2 of a small onion (chopped)
a dash of salt
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Crushed walnuts

Directions

Let the cream cheese sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add all of the ingredients (minus the walnuts) in a bowl and mix/fold well.

Refrigerate over night.

About 30 minutes before serving. Mold the cheese into balls. I made two, but you could do one big one or bite-sized ones. Then simply roll the balls in the walnuts until coated. Serve with crackers.

Really easy...and usually people love these things.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...