Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cherry Blossoms in NYC

We miss sooo many things about living in Tokyo. I mean really, the standard of living there is so high. People are polite. It is clean...we just miss it. Also, with our family being Japanese/American we try to make a big effort to find Japanese cultural things to do here in the city.

I was really missing the cherry blossoms in Japan. I miss hanami :(. Also, I love the cherry blossoms because they were starting to bloom when I was hospitalized with Mia. For one week I was stuck in bed with nothing really to do but look at the cherry blossoms. So, when I see them....it makes me happy. With all of that being said, I was on the hunt to find cherry blossoms...and luckily there are quite a few places to seem them in NYC.

On Sunday we decided to walk 30 blocks north to Sakura Park to see if the flowers were blooming since the weather was so nice...I haven't been able to find a bloom update online, so we had to just go see for ourselves.


When we got to the park, we first stopped by the swings.

Oops, not in full bloom yet...but just means more time to enjoy them.


A nice view of the park.

Lantern donated to NYC when it became Tokyo's sister city.


After playing in the park, we headed over to Grant's tomb. It was odd to see a tomb in the U.S....but it was so pretty and worth the visit for sure.


Grant and his wife's tombs.

We hope to head out here again when the flower are in full bloom. If not, we are going to a sakura matsuri at the end of this month. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...