Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Our Weekend - The Park and March for Babies

This post really should be divided into two, but I'm going to mash it all together in one. Saturday I decided that Ten should see Sheep's Meadow...well actually...we had no hot water when we woke up...and still an hour later....no hot water. So, we decided that we wouldn't be making it to the cherry blossom festival. Instead, we headed out to the park. It was a beautiful day, and Ten and Mia were making lots of friends.



Hi Mia!

Playing in the Cherry Blossom Tree

Ten introduced Mia to the wonderful world of sticks...and she found that they made a pretty good snack.


After the park, we went to Trader Joe's and bought our groceries for the week. Love this place to death.

Anyway, so Sunday was the March for Babies! We earned a grand total of $367...yay! I would say not too bad considering all things. There were over 7,000 walkers. The goal was to raise 3 million dollars...and I'm not to sure if they reached that goal...I'm sure they will send me an email later this week.

I wish I could have taken a ton of pictures, but it was too crowded. Here is the beginning of the walk though.


We had bagpipers playing at the start line...which was cool...because I love bagpipes. Also, one guy carried a boom box (do we still use that word....or still make these even) for the entire 3.5 miles. Also, people were hitting beach balls back and forth...overall great time.

Here we are at the end of the walk.



It was a great event, and once again....thank you so much to everyone that supported our tiny team!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...