Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

Welcome to our apartment on Easter.


Seriously, I just wanted to take a picture of my wreath because I love it so much. Actually, I love all of our Easter decorations!! However, I forgot to get those pics off of my camera....so, maybe next year you will get to see them.

Anywho, the night before Easter we decided to attempt to dye eggs with Mia. I give it a 10 on the success scale considering she isn't quite one yet. She loved putting all of the eggs into the dyes and then splashing her hands in it. Only the yellow dye didn't survive the process. We got two eggs out of it before it was knocked onto the ground.

Mia's eggs...nothing too fancy this year.


Mia had to taste test all of the eggs before coloring them...and I believe that is spaghetti on her face.

One point...peeps...I be lookin wretched during Easter (a whole other blog post)...so the rest of the pics won't be featuring me...those are for private use only. ;)

Anyway, I wanted to have a special little decoration for Mia on Easter morning...something different, so I hung these Easter swirly egg things on the doorway for her to walk through when she woke up. They were a huge hit, and they may have been her favorite part of the day....besides the Easter grass.






Mia's Easter baskets...a bucket of goodies from her granny, and the lamb basket from the Easter bunny of course. She also got a t-shirt from her aunt and an outfit from her grandpa....lots of fun little things.


Opening plastic eggs...with Little People inside...one happy girl.




Eating part of her chocolate chip cookie from nana (spelling...also I'm not sure what we are calling my mom yet...haha) and don't worry she didn't get the whole thing.

Homemade (kind of) ball pit

After playing with all of her toys, we sat down to breakfast. We had resurrection rolls (so good), bacon, eggs, and baked beans...our version of an English style breakfast....no comments UK friends. ;)



Next, we headed out to Riverside Park to hunt for Easter eggs. After realizing that it was cold and wet outside...we decided to hide them inside in the Easter grass instead.


A few seconds later...eggs thrown out of the way and grass thrown all over the place...and then Ten joined in...my attempt to keep the grass contained to our tarps...fruitless...fruitless.


Ten then went to lunch with a friend of mine while I cleaned up and worked on dinner...sounds strange...but really not. P.S. Thank you friend for such good advice!! We  are so lucky to have you.

Anyway, for dinner we had deviled eggs, roasted chicken, rice, and steamed broccoli...not the most traditional dinner...but good to us and not too heavy. Oh I also made a peach cobbler that turned out so poorly that it isn't pictured...and it ended up in the trash...if you know me...I never waste food...so this tells you how terrible it was.


It was a long, but nice day. We were all pretty tired by the end of it though.



P.S. How do you bloggers get your Easter posts done on Sunday or at the latest Monday? Super human you are.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...