Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Art, Music, and Story Time and Japanese Books

I was going to do a Monday/Tuesday combo post...but then realized that that would be way too long and each probably deserved their own space...well at least Tuesday...so here is a glimpse of our Monday.

In the morning I made lunch for Ten and went to the gym (for a mere 10 minutes....but hey better than 0 minutes) and then saw Ten off to work. Mia and I did some coloring after that. Actually, she tried to eat the crayons and then after her billionth unsuccessful attempt (thanks to moi)...she decided that she would just dump them all out and play with the lid...and I was completely cool with that game.


After a few games, she went down for a morning nap. She typically sleeps for 45 minutes while I straighten up the apartment and prepare for the afternoon. She woke up a little bit late on Monday, so we had just enough time to eat some lunch and then head to the New York Kids Club for her classes. I decided to only take pictures during the second part of class this time. I'm still not comfortable whipping out my phone camera while the gymnastics portion is going on. By the way, this week's skill was log rolling...and by the third time...Mia was an excellent log roller. She also did a good job with her stretches (meaning she actually let me move her legs into position) and donkey kicks.

After gymnastics, we have a couple of minutes to take a break before the next part of class. Mia ate a few bites of rice and then headed over to the toys of course.


Next up is snack time. As soon as Mia is seated at a table...she automatically claps her hands together for us to say "Itadakimasu." Very cute...and we still do it even in public...she expects it and we want to make sure she gets used to doing it.

Itadakimasu!

Back off my Cheerios.

After snacks and a story, we made sunflowers with dot paints. Mia wasn't too interested in the dot paints...maybe because we don't do it at home? I don't know...but this was the finished product. A lot of the parents were trying to arrange the petals perfectly....but I'm like hey...1 year olds and art....we just need to let them go at it.

Abstract Sunflower

Next we headed over to the toy and puppet/song time. I soooo wish I could have gotten more pictures. They were singing a song about the sun today and had to wear sunglasses...giant sunglasses....so it was beyond cute. Mia just wanted to keep taking the glasses off and then putting them right back on though...so no time to get a shot :(

Finally, we headed home and picked up a package that was waiting for us at the concierge. Yay! Our first shipment of books. Now, I know that these books are too old for her at the moment...but we will have them for later... and she loves looking at the pictures.



These are a set of 18 Japanese fairtytales/folk tales. 
After looking at the books, Mia took a long nap while I threw together some sukiyaki, did some admin stuff, and cleaned the apartment yet again. I'm hoping next Monday I'll be brave enough to take pictures during gymnastics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...