Monday, June 3, 2013

Swimfants to SwimBabies

On Sunday Mia went to her new swim class. I was thinking that she may have a bit of an adjustment to make since it would be a new day/time, new teacher, and new kids. Also, when we got to the class it was quite clear that the other kids were at least a year older than her. I knew she was being moved up sooner than expected, but I was a bit surprised to see the age gap!

With all that being said, we were just going to see how it went.

Mia and Ten as they entered the pool.

First, they practiced blowing bubbles. Same as the last class.

Lots of splashing around. Looks like Mia was having no problems following along with the new teacher.

Laying on her belly and practicing kicking her legs. I think this was something new.


The class was going along really smoothly. It is much more fast paced with lot of activities which Mia and Ten were both really enjoying...and then I heard the teacher say time for diving practice. DIVING practice!! What! Me and Ten both kind of  gave each other a look like is she serious.

Here Mia is getting ready for her first dive in the pool. She was having a really great time with it, but at the last minute she got distracted by the little girl behind her and just hopped in the water instead. Either way...I was still impressed!


Ten and Mia were both worn out when they got home.

Love this picture!
Let's see in other news. I am slowly making my way back to a healthier lifestyle. For the past 4 days I've been tracking everything that I've been eating and have started walking when able to...and spent a total of an hour and a half at the gym over the weekend. Baby steps...but still steps in the right direction.

Also, we have lots of plans for this week and next it seems, so I'm hoping I will be a better family historian here and document our days/weeks a little bit better. 

3 comments:

  1. She is a little fish in the water!!
    And yes, they are Father and daughter... Same pose...
    Good to be writing things down. I've been doing that.plus taking my temperature every morning!!
    Keep it up!! I'll be doing my best too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Ten are doing the right thing by making sure Mia knows how to swim. She sounds like a total water baby. Both Branden and Noah grew up swimming, they still swim. I used to splash cups of water over their head when they were little babies and clap and smile and say things like “yay...here’s the water, how fun!” And they’d giggle. I never made water scary or something to be afraid of.

    About half the kids in Japan that I know swim and love the water. But there are a good amount of kids here who are deathly afraid of the water. The boy next door, Kenya-kun. He is a 6th grader now. But he’s deathly afraid of the water. His grandma next door and his mom used to tell us, if water goes into his face he cries and he was in the first grade when they told me.... while we were both out hanging clothes/laundry. Apparently now he’s still not fond of water. My nephew, who is half American/half Japanese also. My sil Kaori always made water such a scary thing. One time we all went to Shirohama (sp?) a beach area near Osaka. And she used to tell the kids the ocean would swallow them up @_@ and no wonder her 2 kids would scream bloody murder when we all walked along the beach. It shocked me seeing it. But of course I shut my mouth and didn’t say anything, my nephew is 10 months older then Branden. So yeah her kids are very afraid of water. At bath time we’d hear her say, “don’t let it in your eyes” the tone was quite scary...almost as if it was acid water. Hahaha. : ) Again not knocking my sil, just a very interesting way of raising her kiddos I guess. : )

    The cool relaxed way you and Ten are raising Mia around water means she will grow up feeling a love for water. And have no fear. I think that’s very cool of the both of you to do that. My kids don’t have that fear either. Which makes vacations or heading to the wave pools or beach fun. Anyway just wanted to say, right on you guys. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I can definitely see from your blog what great swimmers your boys are. When we first joined the class...I was skeptical...but I definitely see the benefits now. Also, the story about your sil made me giggle...haha...it's not funny...but it kind of is.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...