Thursday, June 13, 2013

Toddler Lessons, Future Babies, and Playdate

Okay...so Tuesday was a busy day. Around noon Ten came home early so that I could go to my doctor's appointment....to find out where we stand.

As you may or may not know, I had one miscarriage in 2011 and then had pProm at 33 weeks in 2012. With that being said...I figured it was best to get some advice before we embark on any more baby making. In Japan, I was simply told to wait for more than a year before trying again...but that everything would be handled normally after that. To them...it was probably just some sort of infection that caused it.

Fast forward to the U.S....First, when I was explaining my history...they were shocked that I wasn't induced at 33 weeks when my water broke. In my mind, I was kind of terrified that that is standard practice here. Moving on to the future...yes, it was confirmed that I will be considered a high risk pregnancy (I guessed that) and that I would have additional checkups in the future. The additional checkups just kind of fall in line with what you generally receive in Japan anyway, so no big deal. I was also told to expect some form of bed rest and that I would have to get progesterone shots starting around 23 weeks. Finally, Mia must not be nursing AT ALL from around 20 weeks or it may cause me to go into labor. Yikes!!

Big difference with what I was told in Japan, so I am just confused over all with what my chances are. After talking with Ten...we are most likely going to try again after I lose a substantial amount of weight (making progress on that though...down 2 kg)...as for all of that other stuff...we will just deal with it when the time comes I guess. We will be a lot more careful this time around....though it may/may not help. I'm generally optimistic though....after a Dr. Google consultation late last night.

Now, on to a lighter topic. After I got home, Mia went down for a nap...and then right before dinner we headed to a trial music lesson. It was free, so we were like heck yeah...we are in.


Checking everything out.

Time to get our shakers on.
Watching the puppets from a distance.
Getting a bit braver.

Finishing off with dancing to Single Ladies and pom poms.

Now, I am a sucker for anything that involves pom poms...and Ten loves Mia in music lessons (partly so he can practice his mad xylophone skills)....so we signed up for 12 weeks of classes. 

So, what are we doing right now totally: gymnastics, swimming, story/art/music class, and a music only class. We also go to lots of other free events and may start baby yoga story time...which is free too! Finally, we do Mother Goose Time at home and are planning on starting Kodomo Charenji very soon too. You might think that this is bordering on shall I say...crazy...and I thought so too at first, but now I don't think so. I mean if we didn't have classes for her...what would we do all day?? We play with toys and go to the park every day...but we still have a lot of down time. I mean we can't sit at the park for 12 hours a day. I don't think that is best for little kids anyway....just my opinion though. I want to expose her to just a little bit more than that.

Just as proof...that we actually do more than just go to lessons...here are some pics of Mia at her play date today. I wish I could have gotten all three kids together...but with water features in a park...near impossible!







After three hours outside...she slept like a rock during her nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...