Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day Weekend / Ten's Birthday

This post is a little overdue, but my Internet is not cooperating...so I bring you this blog from my TV....yes, I am typing it via my TV which is the most uncomfortable way to blog...I am sure of this.

Anyway, so over the weekend my mom and her husband came to visit with us. We had lofty plans, and we achieved maybe 5% of what we wanted to....so I call that a success.

When they arrived, Mia had just woken up from her nap....and she was having none of the strangers that had entered her home.

I have never seen her this serious before!
We then headed over to Times Square to grab some lunch at Red Lobster. We had gift cards that we could use, so it made it even better. I have never been to a Red Lobster that was this...shall I dare to say....fancy. I mean the staff even had ear pieces to communicate with each other. The decor was nice, and it was very clean.

By this time Mia was actually warming up to her grandparents...though you can't tell here.
We all decided to do the 4 course lunch since it was priced about the same as the other meals and it gave you more bang for your buck. The food was actually really good and we had so much left over that it took care of dinner later that night too. Here is what my mom, Ten, and I ordered....we got the same thing.

New England Clam Chowder 

Garden Salad...Ten had a Caesar Salad but also ate half of mine. 

Baskets of Cheddar Biscuits


Coconut and pineapple shrimp served with rice. We also chose mashed potatoes...though my mom went for the baked potato.
For dessert we had Brownies a la Mode....so good...and no pic unfortunately....I forgot.

After that we headed over to Time Square and looked around a little bit. By that time it was nearly 3 pm, so we went back to the apartment so that Ten could make a phone call.

For the rest of the night we just hung out and also made a quick trip to the park.

The next day we packed a picnic and went to Sheep's Meadow. This is probably one of my most favorite places in Manhattan. It makes you feel like you aren't living in a concrete jungle.


Yumm! Berries!

When we got back home, Mia and I went down for a nap. Ten and Gary went to visit St. John the Divine...and I have no idea what my mom did...haha. We then did some shopping. My mom bought Mia the cutest pop up book based on the story The Very Busy Bee. Loved it.

The next morning we gave Gary and Ten their Father's Day presents. I actually have more pictures on my camera, but didn't want to overload the blog post...so I just chose two. The others will be put in the photo book I hope to make.


It is really too bad we live so far away from both of our families, but at least we have little visits like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...