Friday, June 21, 2013

Japanese Books We are Reading

Okay, so a while ago we ordered some new Japanese books for Mia...and for us (our sanity was being tested reading the same things over and over again).

We bought them through Amazon Japan, and the shipping was actually not too terrible. I think it was actually cheaper to do it this way rather than buy them from the Japanese bookstores here.


In one of the books below, it is a story about a goldfish who jumps out of a bowl and you have to find him in the different pictures. It is so cute. One of my favorite children's books ever.



A set of 4 baby sized books that are basically just words and pictures, a  book of sounds, and the cat book is a famous character.

A set of books about rice, veggies, and fruit...very cute.

Different themed books in a set of 4. 

Similar to the above...a book on carrots...a book on a girl with crazy hair, you get the idea from the pics

These books I wasn't super impressed with when I was choosing them online. The pictures are just so plain, but they are one of the popular kids books....so I went ahead and ordered them. Mia seems to like them, and I think she will like them even more as she gets older.

We also ordered her a set of these three Darumasan books. I knew that she loved these, and it was definitely a good choice. As soon as we got them out, she was all smiles. 

She loves the rocking motions that we do with Darumasan.

Followed by some sort of action....this one is falling on your side. Do we have a similar book in English? If so, please let me know because she would love it!

Finally, we bought her this DVD...and we have already watched it countless times. It is cute to see her dancing along with it, and she was even singing the other day. Should have gotten a few more maybe? Oh well, Christmas will be here in a few months.


Anyway, that is what we bought. I basically just went through Amazon Japan and found picture books for babies as well as the best seller lists and chose from them. Some of the books I knew that she liked and other we took a gamble with. Overall, she likes all of the books...whew!

P.S. Hydrangea are in bloom here. This is my favorite flower! They make me happy :)

4 comments:

  1. I remember reading the one with the white ghost and the dog with the big smile when I was a kid!! So that's 30+ years ago... Wow!! It's still in print,eh? I'm glad Amazon Japan could ship overseas!! But if you ever want any CDs or DVDs, let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are like the top seller. Thanks for the offer btw. Looks like you had a lot of fun at the concert...did you go with someone?

      Delete
  2. Great haul! We have a lot of those books at the daycare I work at, and the kids LOVE the daruma books. I'm particularly fond of the ghost book, I think it's funny. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all very cute. We haven't read the ghost book yet...looks creepy...haha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...