Thursday, June 27, 2013

Getting Ready for Disney

A little less than a month from now, we will be on a plane to Orlando for our first official family vacation. We need a vacation so bad...and we thought that since Disney is the happiest place on Earth...then that is where we should go. 

I booked 100% of our trip through the Disney travel agents. They even took care of the flight...and no....they don't charge additional for the flight. I checked and the flight was the same exact price as if I would have booked it through Expedia or something like that myself. It was the easiest trip booking ever...usually I have to deal with a million hotels, restaurants, flights, etc...but this was all done for me. Love Disney already!

So, we are heading out on the 23rd of July and returning on the 30th (flying on my birthday as usual...oh well). I decided to go with Jet Blue since we get to check our luggage without an additional charge, are provided with refreshments, and have screens on our seats to watch TV....this is vacation....so I didn't want to be dying of thirst on the plane once my $5 bottle of airport water is all gone.

Anyway, so we will be staying a the Animal Kingdom Lodge which I am super excited about. It is supposed to be amazing! 

The other day we received a few items in the mail for our trip. 
Disney luggage tags, tags to put on our bags for the Magical Express, a book of maps and things like that, and a book containing our vouchers, flight numbers, etc


I am also so relieved that Disney will actually pick our bags up for us at the airport and then have them delivered to our room! One less hassle with a toddler for sure.

So, right now I am starting to organize for the trip in terms of our packing list...and I'm really most anxious about Mia on the plane. She has been on a plane a grand total of three time so far...but she was so much smaller. I have seen toddler meltdowns in the air...and it can be terrible...terrible for the toddler, terrible for the parents, and terrible for the other passengers.

With all that being said, I did some research and found some ideas on different websites. Here are a few of the things that we will be packing on the plane with us....or at least what my ideas are for the moment and what I have ordered...this may change slightly before we go.

DK Ocean Book (for the pictures--however, not as many pictures as I would have liked...so will save this for another occasion), a lift the flap book with 40 flaps...should keep her busy, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar which is new to Mia.

Lots of stickers...not only for the plane but also for restaurants too.

Travel Magna Doodlge, a cool mist fan (for the parks), some ABC/picture flash cards, and a Teach Me Elmo

A Toddler busy box called Lauri Toys Toddler Tote...lots of things for her to play with...don't know why Blogger keeps flipping this picture.

These are some of the things that I'm hoping will distract her for the nearly 3 hour plane ride....if you have any other ideas...please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Toddler meltdown from Missouri to New York, ended up with a bruise the size of Arizona on my arm...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...