Friday, November 18, 2011

Christmas Wrapping Fun!!

Today was a nice, calm day....but with a few surprises....For instance, when zipping up my pants I found out that they were...well..let's just say a bit more than snug...hahaha. Now usually this would make me crazy and head for the gym, but well it's all for a good cause.

Anyway, first order of business was shopping for laundry detergent. Usually I buy the same thing every time, but the marketing company got me.

Winter Edition...hahaha...cute box... so I got it.

After doing a bit of household shopping, I headed over to Omotesando for my gift wrapping class. It was pretty tiring, but so much fun. I learned a ton also!!


Now my pictures are really bad today...so sorry...but I was so tired when I got home...they look so much better in real life. This box is wrapped in green paper and I made the card on the front as well. You just insert the card into slits in the wrapping paper....really cute.


Next we practiced with two-sided crepe paper.  This was quite tough since the paper is sooo heavy, and I am quite terrible at making bows...but I will say the v shapes that I cut on the bottoms of the ribbon were really cute.


Finally we practiced with furoshiki which are Japanese wrapping cloths. This was by far my favorite part (because it was the easiest...haha). We learned three styles from most formal to least formal. The least formal is what I took a picture of above. Surprisingly, this was the most difficult style (though none were particularly difficult really). We also learned about the proper way to give them as well as the proper way to return furoshiki. She also told us the small details that help you to wrap them properly. She said that nowadays most Japanese women don't do it properly. They instead just kind of do the general process...which takes away from its beauty.... :)....But I definitely loved these!!

Now, I did keep in mind Ten at the end of the day. I mean the reason that I get to do all of this fun stuff is because he works really hard. So, I picked up a dessert that I know that he really likes....


Blueberry and custard...

Of course I got one for me too!! :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...