Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Pregnancy Story...so far

Well, we are expecting...again. Obviously we have known for quite a while now but have kept it among immediate family (mostly) and close friends. So...here is the nitty gritty. 

Weeks 0-4

In August, we decided to get back on the baby making wagon. It had been about 4 months after our miscarriage, so we were cleared to go by the doctors at this point. Also, we had resettled ourselves after getting back from London.

In mid-September, we both kind of expected that I was pregnant, but not really sure...because I mean we hadn't been trying that long.

However, around September 19, 2011...we got this:


We were happy, but still really guarded...as you can imagine...:)

Weeks 5&6

At this point, we decided to hold off on our first doctor's appointment and wait until a heartbeat could be detected at 7 weeks....can't say that this was a very stress free time.

Week 7&8

So, we headed to Aiiku Hospital for our first appointment, and I was almost expecting the worst...and I'm pretty sure Ten was too. This was the point last time where we learned that things weren't progressing properly...and I then had to have a D&C. However, this is what we saw:


I think we were both holding our breath a little bit until the doctor zoomed in, and we saw the heartbeat...whew...sigh of relief...hahaha. 


Week 9 &10


At 9 weeks, I had to go back and get another ultrasound (they love to do those in Japan), and have blood work done. The baby looked much more baby like, and once again we saw that tiny heart beating.


 Also, now the doctor was pretty sure that the due date would be around May 28th.


Finally, at 10 weeks we decided to go ahead and make everything public. Last time it slipped out way before we were ready, so we wanted to have a bit more control of the situation. Also, we decided that our chances were looking better than last time...and anything can really happen at any time...that goes for before birth, after, and as adults...doesn't it....so, better not to be alone in this....and keeping secrets isn't all that fun.


Anyway, our next appointment will be in  about two weeks time. Hopefully all will continue to go well....:) Tomorrow, I'll post all of the things that I have received from the government office in Japan...quite different from America I am told...hahaha...and then I will be finished with baby blogging until our next appointment....I don't want to become one of those people...hahahaha


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know the "stress" of keeping it a secret is pretty much over!!
    Like you said, nothing is in the clear yet before, during and after but I know you are smart and will do everything you can possible to take care of yourself and your baby.
    As for your husband, he may go off the deep end... LOL!!
    I will be there for you to vent!!
    Again, congratulations and I hope to see future blogs about good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy! Congrats to you and Ten!

    Jess U.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley that is so great. So incredibly happy for you and Ten! I know things will be just fine but I know as parents you will worry so I wish for a peaceful pregnancy for you both. Lord knows there won't be much peace and quiet once the little nugget gets here! Congrats!!!
    Angie McClimon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you guys. I got behind reading on here so I know you're farther along now...anyway, I wanted you to know that I'll be thinking about you during such a wonderful, happy time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...