Thursday, November 24, 2011

Practical over Flashy....Yes, Please!!

Christmas is in the air in Tokyo....well as much as it can be here. You really have to search for it. I went on a trip to Omotesando Hills with a friend today to solve the mystery of the missing bank statements. I hadn't received any since August!! Come to find out...they had switched to online banking....hmm...I think I remember receiving something in the mail about that....

Anyway, they had a really cute Disney Christmas theme going on.


They had a nice little light and music show...do you see the Disney princesses in the picture? It's kind of hard...

Then as we were walking to Shibuya, I saw this pink wreath. I would never ever have this in my home, but I loved it for a store decoration...cute! 


One of my main goals for today was to find a new planner. At first I was just going to use my iPhone; however, I realized that I need a larger visual and lots of space to write...so I went out with Kahori to find something...At first I contemplated getting an Erin Condren planner from the U.S....since they are super popular right now...but in all reality....my current planner is so much better...so I ended up just buying the newer version.




Why do I love this planner?



Yearly Calendar


Space for Key Dates for Each Month


Monthly Layout


Weekly Layout...with a view that breaks down each day into 1 hour increments


...and 1 full page per day that includes a time breakdown, a to do list section, and free space.

Now, don't let these plain pages fool you. They may not have vivid colors, but this planner is extremely useful, and you can decorate it as you want....

  

As you can see, I've started with some stickers...and will continue with pretty pens.

Now this year, I think I'll give myself a C+ in terms of how I used this planner, and I'm hoping to get a lot more out of next year....maybe A level....oooh.


Example from this past year.

Finally, a bit off topic, but I did get this as a gift from Kahori today....very cute for wearing around the house!! Thank you so, so much...for everything!!

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering how long it would take you to get a planner..lol I knew the phone wasnt enough for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could help out today!! Plus I had a fun time too!!
    Yes, I really loved my large planner but it got too heavy to lug around so I opted for the original smaller version. I also hope I can get the most use out of it this year too!!
    As for the scrungies, you are most welcome!! Yes, for when you are inside the house...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the whole iPhone as a planner thing but it didn't work for me either. I'm now waiting on a Metropol Personal from Filofax (which by the way is a personal addiction of mine, lol)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...