Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How far would you go for food from home?

Okay. It has been more than a year since Ten and I have been to the U.S. This means that our stock of food from home is very, very, dangerously low. So, I am seriously contemplating making a bulk order from the Foreign Buyers Club.


However, the prices make my skin crawl. Examples are below:
Aunt Jemima Easy Coffee Cake - Single
416 yen or about $5


Stove Top Turkey Stuffing Mix - Single
452 yen or about $6
Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli

24 Cans for 6,617 yen or about $80....ouch!!
Mezzetta Golden Greek Pepperoncini
...and 12 jars for 3,456 or about $40

Do some of these prices seem ridiculously expensive?....hmmm...maybe but considering how much it would cost to ship them from the U.S. it may be worth it. I might just ask for this as my Christmas present from Ten this year....hahaha...how sad...but so necessary.

2 comments:

  1. That's about what groceries cost in Australia so I would be willing to pay that much. You should see what I pay for postage for all my Rakuten and Amazon Japan purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean... But after living here for so long, I kinda gave up and am now grateful I can actually get things here. LOL!! But there are still some things I cannot get here so that bites...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...