Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanksgiving in a Box

Zzzz. Zzzz. Zzzz. This was how I was spending my rainy afternoon when the doorbell rang. I hit the intercom button and there stood the postman. Yay! A visit from the postman is never bad....usually... :) I greeted him and then turned off the intercom....without letting him in....oops...poor guy stood out there in the cold and rain...eventually he buzzed again...okay so I let him in the building after that.


He then climbed up the four flights of stairs and said there was a package for "Monroe City." hahaha. I kindly pointed out my husband's name on the box, and when he recognized the Japanese name, I think he was a bit relieved.


This poor guy could not catch a break...My mother had taped down the box so much that he couldn't pull out the sheet to get a signature. When he finally handed the paper to me it was so mangled that there was barely room to sign. He was a bit frustrated I think and apologized over and over again, but I finally got the box inside.




Now I should have waited for Ten to get home so we could open the box together, but it was kind of wet...so wanted to make sure everything was okay....and here is what we got....


Snacks...Ten will be thrilled to see Cinnabon stuff...doubt this lasts long

Seasonings and mashed potato mix...
We love these...it has been years since we've gotten to eat them!!


Muffins and biscuits in only a few minutes... love...
fast taco bake...yumm


Jello...I have to figure out what exactly to do with it...hahaha...and crackers


Fruit oatmeal, veggie crackers, and Stove Top (my all time favorite!!)


Cake!! I am so excited to make a German Chocolate cake this weekend...It is my favorite

Coconut Pecan icing....I could it eat straight out of the can...hahaha...but I won't

So, I am going to try my best to put away some of this stuff for our Thanksgiving dinner....however, I'm worried most of it won't escape the weekend.... :( ... P.S. Thanks mom!! I know you will read this.... :)... You definitely helped make the next few days feel more like home! 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you like everything. I cant wait to see you in a few weeks!!!! love you and ten and miss you both so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...