Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Guilty Pleasure

Okay...I'm completely addicted...to something kind of embarrassing. I am totally addicted to....The Duggars. Yes, the Duggar Family is my slight obsession. I love watching any show about them, and I check their blog religiously.

I've admitted this obsession to my grandma, mother, and sister...and they have all had the same reaction. WHY? They are religious freaks with a zillion children....and yes, I do see why they could possibly creep some people out....but I love them.

Now, I would like to say that having a million kids is not something that I would personally do, but hey it is their choice.

I love the Duggars because of their infectious enthusiasm and positive outlook on everything that they go through. Here are some of the things that keep me hooked on this family:

  • Their commitment to live debt free. Amazing. This may not be practical 100% of the time, but it is definitely something to strive for. Ten and I are completely debt free, but then again...we don't really own anything...haha
  •  Their commitment to having a servant's heart. This family helps each other and also dedicates a lot of time to helping others outside of their family. Wouldn't it be great if everyone acted selflessly?
  • Many hands make light work. This is something that Michelle is always reinforcing in her household. I like to keep this in mind when I have to help with something that I don't necessarily want to do. The more people that help, the sooner it gets done.
  • Giving positive encouragement. One thing that Michelle Duggar does is to give praise to people when they deserve it and to let people know when they are being helpful, thoughtful, etc. Many times we find it so easy to criticize and complain. However, it is so much nicer to find positive words to help shape people.
  • Quality Family Time. I love the fact that the Duggars don't watch TV (though they have their own TV show??). They only watch things that are positive, and they try to find better ways to spend time with each other. When our little baby is born, this is something Ten and I definitely want to emphasize.
My list could go on and on. There are so many positive things to take away from this family. I personally fall extremely short in many of these areas, but I try to make a daily effort to  do little things that will turn these into habits. 

....and as soon as I clear out some of my old books...I am so getting both of the books by the Duggar family...crazy?....maybe

1 comment:

  1. I do think that your obsession is funny...but I'll admit to the same obsession. I think that a lot of the values the Duggars have are so important...even if the way they do things seems strange people have to give them credit for sticking to their convictions, not only religiously but ethically and morally as well.
    Great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...