Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Things that I thought that I would never miss.....

Top 10 Foods That I Miss in the U.S.


1. Taco Bell - Every time I step on U.S. soil, this is one of the first places that I head to...oh how I miss Nacho Bell Grandes....and pretty much anything else on the menu.


2. Funyuns - I don't crave these very often, but I miss being able to eat them whenever I want to.


3. Chicken Fried Steak - Greasy diners don't serve this dish any better.


4. Fried Catfish - and I miss the fish fries that go along with them.


5. Cherry Coke - Even though it kind of tastes like cough medicine, and I can't even drink the full can; sometimes I miss it.


6. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - We have nothing similar to this in Japan, and it is extremely hard to find here....so I have to improvise by spreading peanut butter on chocolate...hahaha....it kind of works.


7. SpaghettiOs with meatballs - eaten straight from the can


8. Doughnuts - especially when you get them at a gas station and wash it down with soda....hahaha....diabetes here I come.


9. Hot dogs - chili, cheese, and onion....perfect


10. Red Velvet Cake and German Chocolate Cake - okay I know these are technically two things, but I couldn't decide which I miss more...oooh and also Carrot Cake!!


Yes, I know a lot of junk food is on this list (well all junk food)....but I wouldn't want to eat all of this at once....It would just be nice to have it every once in a while.


So, two blogs in a row with no pictures....will try to do better....but this just popped into my head.



4 comments:

  1. Hmm...
    Yeah, I miss a few of the foods on your list.
    Half I don't know of or have never tried before.
    I really miss eating a good pizza... and a 7/11 Slurpee!!
    We can get so many things in Tokyo but not the "right" things...
    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preaching to the choir....which ones don't you know?? or haven't tried??

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I can see if I can take care of a few things on your list when we come see you.. Or Santa might bring them... love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe # 2,6,7,and 10

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...