Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Today I spent my time dealing with this....



The dreaded blue file box. Every possible document that we have ever touched lives in here. I found pay stubs from 2007, a guide to an insurance program that we don't even have anymore, and countless bank statements from years ago. It took me a couple of hours to go through everything, but I finally managed to get it all organized and even label all of the folders...yay me!


Labels made with old stationary, pen, and tape...read... free.


Recently, Ten and I have been decluttering every chance we get. Last weekend we threw out so many computer and phone cables, you would have thought that we were running an underground call center....hahaha. However, our recent life motto has been "to simplify," and that is what we have been trying to do.


I must say that it is much less stressful when you don't have stuff shoved into every nook and cranny.


Our next project is going to be the book shelf. We have so many unread books and old magazines in there that it borders on ridiculous, so we have vowed to stop buying and start reading. It will make space and save some money once we sell them to a used book shop.


If anyone has any advice on ways to declutter, I would love to hear it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...