Monday, September 19, 2011

War and Peace

I finally finished War and Peace, and this should be considered a lifetime achievement...hahaha....but it was 1455 pages...and a good portion of that was dedicated to troop movements and war strategy. The other half was dedicated to...well....love, religion, and pretty much every other theme.


I recently read an article that said that people who read fiction books are better socially adjusted because they are exposed to a variety of social situations. I guess that this might be true especially if you tackle books like this that cover every topic.


I'm not a book critic, so I won't attempt to talk about its complexities and blah, blah, blah...but here are just a few of my favorite quotes:



  • When I finally say I love you to any man and really mean it, it will be like a defeated general who's lost all his troops, surrendering and handing his sword to the enemy. ~ Natasha Rostov
  • I have sinned, Lord, but I have several excellent excuses. ~ Pierre Bezukhov
  • The only important battle is the last. ~ General Kutuzov
Really beautiful writing....










2 comments:

  1. Yeah!! You finished it!!
    I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. I don't know if I'd ever get around to reading it so I hope u can tell me an abridged version of it later on...
    Not in my book reading phase now so haven't picked up a book all this month...
    Maybe I'll start reading again when Christmas comes closer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..war and peace..thats quite an accomplishment! I like the quotes you chose to post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...